No announcement yet.

"Watering tomatoes with Cola?"

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice one, will bear that in mind........
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Apparently coke makes hair curly if you pour a can over your head and then rinse with water! I wouldn't risk it on my toms!
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
        Apparently coke makes hair curly
        I thought it was burnt toast that made your hair curly, you learn something new everyday........
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

Also crusts BM, or crusses as they're sometimes known in our part of the world.
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Dont Highway police in the states carry containers of coke with them to clean blood off the road???
            Impossible is not a fact its an opinion...
            Impossible is not a decleration its a dare...
            Impossible is potential......

www.danmonaghan.co.uk

Comment

I wouldn't drink it myself! I certainly woldn't put it on me toms!
              Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I wouldn't use it as a spray either on plants! Who wants sugary coatings all over their vegetables!

Whoever said about supermarkets adding sugary water to their produce, is that true?
                "Orinoco was a fat lazy Womble"

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

Originally posted by danmon_81 View Post
                  Dont Highway police in the states carry containers of coke with them to clean blood off the road???
                  I think that's just one of the myriad of myths circulating about coke. My OH had a job in a CC factory for a while once and she did say that the concrete floor was eroded away by the concentrated coke, put me off drinking it for life anyway.
                  Mind you, I don't drink any carbonated drinks really. Unless beer counts
                  "Orinoco was a fat lazy Womble"

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

Oooooo, we could do the pepsi challenge, veggie style!

Comment

hehehe, this post has seriously made me chuckle sorry! Its amazing how its so freindl on here but occasionly we get the odd post an it all explodes.
                      http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jamiesjourney

Please give blood and if possible please give bone marrow.

SAVE LIVES TODAY

Subscriber to the mojo mailing list

Comment

Originally posted by danmon_81 View Post
                        No - that's to wash down the Krispy Kreme doughnuts!

Comment

I'm always interested in doing 'things' in alternative ways!

My eyes have certainly been opened since we moved here...some gardening ideas are very traditional and I get very funny looks when peeps see my raised beds etc, and I can chuckle at some of their 'very out of date' methods- but some are well tried and tested and quite honestly brill.

Many of the herbal methods work a treat, and discovering how they work both in the garden and house is even more fascinating.
                          As we were saying on the oil thread- we need to keep this knowledge- and discover alternatives .

Remember- many a fine herbalist was burned at the stake in the not too distant past!

...modern chemicals/products of course should perhaps be observed with a similar suspicion until proved otherwise!

I must say though- I like the idea of using coke to remove limescale from my ancient loos!

Does make you think, and think again though....DDT was an utter relief to lice ridden soldiers not so long ago...and cyanide worked a treat as a rat poison

Last edited by Nicos; 14-06-2010, 03:44 PM.
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                            I'm always interested in doing 'things' in alternative ways!
                            I'd keep that to yerself......

Comment

Mally! Stand in the corner!
                              Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
                                Mally! Stand in the corner!
                                She started it........

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X