No announcement yet.

What's happened to my Chinese Cabbage?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck Ollie, looks like you sowed it a lot later than me............We all live & learn.
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I grow some purple colored ones some in the greenhouse and some outdoor started in April. They have not bolted yet. Will let you guys know if they manage to escape ...

Comment

I always find oriental vegetables do much better sown after the height of summer (if we get one!) As Two Sheds says, try later on. Much less bolting.
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I'd sown a tray of Pak Choi a few weeks ago and got three different types pop up, some are a purple colour others are a healthy green and quite a few came out a very light green, almost yellow colour.

Now a week after potting them up all the pale green/yellow ones have thoroughly bolted and a few of the green ones are just starting to go as well, but the purple ones seem to be hanging on.

Has anyone else found this?

Comment

I planted some rabb and it bolted before it got an inch high. Can't grow chinese veg due to club root which seems to infect them a lot easier than our usual brassicas.

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by bevanbawb View Post
              I'd sown a tray of Pak Choi a few weeks ago and got three different types pop up, some are a purple colour others are a healthy green and quite a few came out a very light green, almost yellow colour.

Now a week after potting them up all the pale green/yellow ones have thoroughly bolted and a few of the green ones are just starting to go as well, but the purple ones seem to be hanging on.

Has anyone else found this?
              The purple one is probably Pak Choi Rubi, I grow them this year. They are big and tasty, none of them bolted so far.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X