Giant Pumpkin

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SMT View Post
    Sorry Pumpkin Becki - I find that the plants will tend to vine in the opposite direction to the first true leaf. Maybe its just me though.
    Sorry if I've given erroneous advice here SMT. Feel free to ignore me everyone

Comment

Originally posted by SMT View Post
      Sorry Pumpkin Becki - I find that the plants will tend to vine in the opposite direction to the first true leaf. Maybe its just me though.

Haza - I would grow the pumpkin plant in the middle of one of the boundaries and atleast 4ft into the patch away from the boundary. A giant pumpkin root system will grow 10ft+ out from the stump and very shallow, so its not good to obstruct the roots by planting next to your path/wall etc.

Allow your main vine to grow up the middle of the patch and as far as you can let it. Stop your side vines (secondaries) at about 2m when they reach the edge of your patch. Any vines that grow off the secondary vines (tertiary vines) should be nipped out as you need air to circulateto help prevent diseases.

Oh no! I planted it right on the corner!!!!!!! guess it's getting dug up again and put in the middle.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X