Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I yope so.
    A simple dude trying to grow veg. http://haywayne.blogspot.com/

BLOG UPDATED! http://haywayne.blogspot.com/2012/01...ar-demand.html 30/01/2012

Practise makes us a little better, it doesn't make us perfect.

What would Vedder do?

Comment

Went for a late evening trip last night to the lottie and covered up the 3 potatoes that had poked their head through the soil.
      http://onegardenersadventures.blogspot.com/ updated 10-03-2010 with homebrew pics & allotment pics

Comment

Oh I have one casualty, a dwarf french bean that was at the edge of the bed and must have been too close to the fleece.
        Tbh I'm suprised any of the french beans survived last nights temps.
        Last edited by womble; 11-05-2010, 09:57 AM.
        "Orinoco was a fat lazy Womble"

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

Dwarf french are hardier than runners. I had some shrivelling on the leaves of toms in the greenhouse even though they were fleeced - those closest to the glass. I'm expecting the plants to survive though.
          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Thankfully our garden is quite sheltered and I did an evening trip to put things I was dodgy about in the greenhouse. Not sure if we had a frost or not as my max / min thermometer in the greenhouse is fubared and there was no evidence of any sugar coating when I woke up. Had a look this morning and they all seem to have survived OK. Not been up the plot but fingers crossed. There are 4 hanging basket tomatoes in the polytunnel as well as some dwarf Frenchies and loads of potatoes just starting to come through outside. Fingers crossed and all that.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by womble View Post
              Oh I have one casualty, a dwarf french bean that was at the edge of the bed and must have been too close to the fleece.
              Tbh I'm suprised any of the french beans survived last nights temps.
              Hi Womble ... too close to the fleece? I'm a novice at this and you've made me think perhaps I don't really know what I'm doing when it comes to covering up from frost.

Can anyone giive me some pointers? I just gently laid fleece over what I could yesterday evening, with my potato sacks getting a newspaper top.

Many thanks
              Caro

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X