Dogs eating leaves!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Plot10 View Post
    Sorry that should have been swedes with a small S. The other kind would be a bit messy. Apologies to any worried Scandinavians.
    had to chuckle at that one!
    Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

I thoroughly agree with you Polly! My collie does the same with loads of plants and tho I'm sometimes annoyed to see lots of leaves with dog shaped bites out of them - it really makes me smile and I hate to think of the day they stop appearing.
      Fran

Comment

My dog's have been foraging through my potatoes, but I think this is downt o adding blood and bone to the soil. They hadn't before. This don't bother me too much as I think I might of over done it with the seeds. Average of 5 per 18'' pot - oops!

However, they had a good nibble on my mange tout and now they look as if they have been stumped and not doing nothing at all. Good job I did some more seeds!

At least I've managed to keep them off the planter (so far) this year.
        Last year the only thing to survive were the 30 tomato plants that were there, lost cucumbers, courgettes, marrow, aubergine, runner beans, potatoes (must of left of them behind as they have sprouted from under the broc this year) and so much more.

I'd have them rehomed in an instant, but my hubby won't part with them!

Comment

It just goes to show that dogs need a bit of fruit and veg in their diets. I wouldn't go so far as to make them vegetarian, but you can feed them on stuff other than meat from tins.
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

True. Mine all love raw carrots and cabbage.

Comment

our old cocker spaniel used to love runner beans and would pul them off the plant, and go sniffing in the polytunnel for more. he got very confused when they were over and he couldn't find them he also used to have a dily carrot when the horse was fed and to enjoy veg when i was trimming them for tea. only crunchy ones though - nothing like lettuce or cabbage. if he had too many runner beans though he was sick but hard to stop him when he did it on his own. I'd love to see hiim do it now - he died few years back but still "see" him when i'm round the garden and remember his little quirks.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X