No announcement yet.

Embarrassing story!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm you got a robin reliant in the garage there Snadge? Thanks for the chuckle, hope your strawberries recover
    Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by RedThorn View Post
      Hmmm you got a robin reliant in the garage there Snadge? Thanks for the chuckle, hope your strawberries recover
      One day...........we'll be millionaires Dellboy!
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Love it .... and SO glad it wasn't me for once

Comment

You can market the ones that recover as 'heat tolerant' - if we ever get any hot weather again, that is!

Only a gardening guru's back is broad enough to 'fess up' to doing daft things - thanks for the laugh, though I'm sure you weren't laughing at the time!
          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

When I was a youngster I used to have an allotment.

The old timers used to have like a club/social ring and were always going off into someones shed for a brew and a chin wag.

One day one of the guys had lots of weeds growing up through his plot fences, they were wire fences. So he decided to burn them off. He worked out the wind direction and lit the weeds such that the flames were fanned away from his shed, good plan. He went off for a brew with his mates.

Some while later I could hear an awful rumpus coming from the direction of his plot.
            When I investigated there was him and his mates trying to put out a blazing shed with buckets of water.

Apparently, as per his plan, the flames were fanned away from his shed. But then went along the bottom fence and back up the other fence and onto his shed. I can only assume the wind changed when he was having his brew.

Result no shed!

Jimmy
            Expect the worst in life and you will probably have under estimated!

Comment

Oops! Still, hopefully you did it early enough in the season for the strawberries to recycle themselves.
              A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Talking of inappropriate burning - I have a round metal whistling kettle at my lottie, which I put on a camping stove - went to my Mum's two weeks ago and she asked me to make a brew - unfortunately they have a round metal electric kettle - yup you've guessed it - I put in on the gas cooker - result choking smoke from the melted plastic, a bu**ar of a job cleaning the oven and a bill for a new electric kettle!

Silly thing is when I saw the smoke and melting plastic and following all the cafuffle to put it out, I turns to my Mum and said indignantly 'who put that there' - should I be worried, am I destined for the asylum??
                'May your cattle never wander and your crops never fail'

Comment

Originally posted by mogs View Post
                  ..................... am I destined for the asylum??
                  Join me............I've heard you get chips for brekkie!
                  My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X