No announcement yet.

Frost on Potatoes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leave them in- just cover the leaves with more soil.
    They'll need to grow more leaves- but they should be fine!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Mine have recovered fantastically and are storming away. I'm now trying to placate as many gods as possible in the hope that I can stave off a final late frost. We can get them as late as mid May up here. The ones I put in sacks/tubs in early March in the greenhouse are almost triffid-like and I can't wait to get that first crop on my plate. I think of all the things that I do as a gardener the one I look forward to the most is the first picking of potatoes.

Comment

A few of mine have been frosted but they will recover. I can never understand how the frost selects the plants it is going to damage. The plant with the best foliage has no damage but a couple around it have been damaged?? And my few are theonly ones on the lottie to be affected.

Ian

Comment

Hi, will they not be ok if it is just the edges? Surely if you remove the blackened leaves then more green ones will grow and photosythesis can be maintained to allow the crop to florish? Not had frost get mine before but they are growing too well, (maybe due to huge amount of moo poo). What say you experts out there?
          passionate about plants

http://escapetotheallotment.blogspot.co.uk/ Check out my new blog...

There is no greater satisfaction than is gained from a plate of your own home grown !

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X