Runner beans of doom - 9ft tall by Apr 14th

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Patchninja View Post
    Apparently, it's not the month, but the bush and here it's in flower. Have a look where you live. Anyway, I've taken of my goose fat vest for the year
    Indeed, it is the blossom of the hawthorn...just about starting in Sussex but later than the last few years.

Is there much hawthorn in Brittany then?...seems more blackthorn where we live...but then I am rarely there in spring and I am normally making sloe gin later in the year so probably notice them more.

Comment

The place is covered with the stuff. Very pretty.

Comment

Anyway, I've taken of my goose fat vest for the year
        ...you hussy!!!!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Can't you go around with your rabbits tail and pollinate the beans inside? difficult moving them now.
          "Orinoco was a fat lazy Womble"

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
            ...you hussy!!!!
            I'm feeling deeply wounded

Comment

I'm feeling deeply wounded

But hopefully not deeply draughty!

Comment

Originally posted by basketcase View Post
                But hopefully not deeply draughty!
                Ooooo-er You cheeky monkey

Comment

I had cucumber plants like this last year after i evicted the marmande tomato plants, i didnt do any pruning to 10 marketmore plants, i left them on the window ledge and the room filled up, i noticed one day it was a bit dark in the room, i tried moving them , it snapped, so i opened the windows and they grew outside and down the house...

Answer to the problem, open the window and let them dangle out
                  Living off grid and growing my own food in Bulgaria.....

Comment

Originally posted by womble View Post
                    Can't you go around with your rabbits tail and pollinate the beans inside? difficult moving them now.
                    I had to have a second look at that lol.......we actually have a house rabbit you see, what a vision lol

Do you mean like a soft paintbrush type scenario, pollinate it myself...?

Comment

Originally posted by markyHD View Post
                      I had to have a second look at that lol.......we actually have a house rabbit you see, what a vision lol

Do you mean like a soft paintbrush type scenario, pollinate it myself...?
                      Well, yes, I've never done it with beans, but it can't be that hard. And I would use a soft brush, or......... get a broom handle and the bunny.... a bungie cord, thick gloves, extra help.... etc...
                      "Orinoco was a fat lazy Womble"

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

hahah, 'beans of doom' ...

Had something similiar happen with a pumpkin last year. OH was not amused at my plans to have a potten pumpkin growing and fruiting in the sitting room.
                        The Impulsive Gardener

www.theimpulsivegardener.com

Chelsea Uribe Garden Design www.chelseauribe.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X