No announcement yet.

Flower sprout(brand new vegetable)

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually thought it was a late April Fools joke!!??

Comment

G'Day SarzWix!

Thanks for posting the details and link.

I've already added it to my 'wish list'. I can't wait to try it! I have cat genes so I am automatically curious about everything that's new and want to know more!

From the pics they don't appear to me to be brussels sprouts but rather tight, leafy florets.

I'm a huge brassica fan, as it is, with all the nutrition they deliver, plus anti-oxidants etc. Bring them on!

Cheers.

Janek
      Happiness is being with the love of your life. If you can't have that, then an unlimited supply of well-rotted manure is a pretty close second!

Comment

We had a thread about this before.

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ble_45235.html

I think I'll just wait until the inevitable happens and some of my sprouts blow, saves on two lots of seeds
        "Orinoco was a fat lazy Womble"

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

G'Day Nicos!

You're a scream, as we say Down Under! Full of ideas and lots of initiative.

I can't wait to try this new vegetable.

Cheers.

Janek
          Happiness is being with the love of your life. If you can't have that, then an unlimited supply of well-rotted manure is a pretty close second!

Comment

They look just like my blown sprouts did. I got a paper mail with a pic of them and really couldn't see the point.

Comment

...yep blown sprout vote here too....cut the head of any kale and you get the same effect too.

Comment

Originally posted by womble View Post
                We had a thread about this before.

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ble_45235.html

I think I'll just wait until the inevitable happens and some of my sprouts blow, saves on two lots of seeds

Aah, that was when I was AWOL writing an assignment maybe... That'll teach me to not post before searching

Comment

I got the marshalls e-mail, thought they looked horrible.
                  Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
                    Aah, that was when I was AWOL writing an assignment maybe... That'll teach me to not post before searching

Well, I was interested and I never read original one either...

This isn't 'Just a Minute' is it?

After a few years on here, if we didn't have the odd bit of repetition (afterall controversial definitely isn't allowed).....there would be much nothing left to talk about.

Comment

Similar effect is achieved by cutting a cross into the top of a cabbage stalk as well! I think someone is just harnessing what the plants do naturally

Comment

Originally posted by Paulottie View Post
                        Well, I was interested and I never read original one either...

This isn't 'Just a Minute' is it?

After a few years on here, if we didn't have the odd bit of repetition (afterall controversial definitely isn't allowed).....there would be much nothing left to talk about.
                        Well I wasn't telling Sarz off for having another thread, I was merely linking the two together, in a non moderator way
                        "Orinoco was a fat lazy Womble"

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

Pretty posy brassica

I am watching Gardeners World and have just seen the new Brassica' pretty posy'. Has anyone tried these and if so where can you get seed They look attractive and supposedly taste like spring greens always one of my favourites.

Comment

I have some from a swap this year, I haven't sown them yet so I can't say what there like. T&M are doing them for £2.99 for 30 seeds, you may be able to find them cheaper somewhere else.

Comment

And now they are in perfect 'moderator' union.

Not a criticism Womble, just an idle observation.

Comment

I snuck in with my 'merge' button

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X