No announcement yet.

Growmore

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this question might sound a bit daft but what is Comfrey ?

Comment

Comfrey is a herb and can be eaten as a salad leaf or lightly cooked like spinach. It is also a medicinal herb and a compress can be made from the leaves to help heal wounds, stop bruising (it really does work) and is supposed to be good for rheumatics.
      [

Comment

Originally posted by stevep
        this question might sound a bit daft but what is Comfrey ?
        Comfrey is the Holy Grail of gardeners. It seeds to fix everything. The only thing it doesn't seem to do is build sheds and carry your vegetables home for you. Decomposing Comfrey supplies extra potassium unavailable to most other plants.
        There are a number of places on the net that extol Comfrey's virtues but as it was first studied by the HDRA who are into all things organic I have linked to the organic gardener. http://www.the-organic-gardener.com/Comfrey.html for info on using Comfrey.

Comment

thanx jax i am in the no now cheers

Comment

Thanks Geordie, Never thought of that. I'll see my neighbour as he uses loads of sealand in the building trade.
            ntg
            Never be afraid to try something new.
            Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
            A large group of professionals built the Titanic
            ==================================================

Comment

Growmore v. chicken manure pellets

Originally posted by andrewo
              I get my seaweed feed from HDRA and wherever I see it, will have to go into my store to find the name...Maxicrop! (God my memory). You can now also get granules/like chicken manure.

Andrewo
              I bought a 7kg tub of chicken manure pellets as a general fertiliser. As I am new to this veggie/gardening business this is the first time I'll be using fertiliser and was wondering if there are any specific uses/plants/veggies I should be applying it to. Also, do the chicken pellets have the same use as Growmore?
              Cheers!
              Acorn

Comment

Pelleted chicken manure is higher in Nitrogen in % terms compared to a more balanced feed that you get from Growmore being that it is a general fertilzer. It is typically formulated to give NPK 7-7-7.

Pelleted chicken manure on the other had is more along the lines of NPK 4-2.5-2.3. therefore proportionally higher in Nitrogen.

Nitrogen is ideal for leafy crops and hungry crops and I use my chicken manure on things like brasica's, pumpkins, courgettes, etc.

HTH

jerry
                Holidays in Devon

http://www.crablakefarm.co.uk/

My Allotment Blog

http://sandersj89allotment.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...