Growing horseradish

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boom boom.
    Why didn't Noah just swat those 2 greenflies?

Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
    >
    >If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?

Comment

Thanks so much folks, what more can I say other than I will send Zazeen an SAE.
      I live in Swanley (NW Kent) however I will change my profile as suggested. Thanks again for all your help.
      Sheila

Comment

I agree, horseradish is evil stuff when you're peeling/grating it, also, the only reason we make our own is because it's 'fun'???? Lidl actually sell it for less than the price of a stamp

P.S. If anyone wants to swap one weed (horseradish) for another (Jerusalem Artichokes), I've just dug a load of 'chokes out from under my goosegogs. PM me if interested and I'll wash all the organic slugs off them!!

Comment

Meanwhile; you'll find me on ebay posting sales of horseradish thongs

Comment

Flighty,flighty...
            When I was a teenager(13-14ish)my father brought home a bag of horseradish and told me to grate it.I was crying,snorting,sneezing,all sorts of things.At the end I told him to stick his f%*&@ing horseradish you know where or deal with it itself.That was the first time I swore at his presence.
            I'd rather you reconsider your idea but if you stick to it:get some gogles and welder's mask.The stuff is horrible to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by coreopsis View Post
              Flighty,flighty...
              When I was a teenager(13-14ish)my father brought home a bag of horseradish and told me to grate it.I was crying,snorting,sneezing,all sorts of things.At the end I told him to stick his f%*&@ing horseradish you know where or deal with it itself.That was the first time I swore at his presence.
              I'd rather you reconsider your idea but if you stick to it:get some gogles and welder's mask.The stuff is horrible to deal with.
              I thought my warning was more subtle despite the fact that I'm told that I am like my grandfather who was from your neck of the woods.
              Why didn't Noah just swat those 2 greenflies?

Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
              >
              >If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?

Comment

Strangely enough I have not managed to succeed with horseradish on the lottie. Don't know why. It was a small root bought at Wilcos, just as an experiment. First year it did very well, dug up that autumn and split - roots given to another allotment pal and a chunk re-planted. Since then it has pouted and simpered - but never grown very much. It's not dead, but it is definitely sulking.
                Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Originally posted by sarraceniac View Post
                  I thought my warning was more subtle despite the fact that I'm told that I am like my grandfather who was from your neck of the woods.
                  You can't go subtle with this-over 20 years have passed and I still remember that-just to show you how frustrated I was

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X