nematodes for SLUGS

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have raised beds and have used the blue pellets as well a the n'todes,
    I do the whole garden when I start, scattering the pellets into all sorts of nooks and crannies as the little slimey b*****s get every where.
    While on the subject of nematodes! I am planning on a whole bed of root veg, carrots, parsnips, swedes and bbetroot. Last year all my carrots, parsnips,and swedes were attacked and spoiled by something eating into them and leaving channals on the surface and sometimes quite deep into the flesh.
    The carrots were probably attacked by carrot fly and I have the carrot fly netting this year to try and stop that!
    What attacked my parsnips and swedes?
    You grow it; I'l tell you how to cook it

Comment

Not hundred per cent sure but thought parsnips can also be attacked by carrot root fly.
      AKA Angie

Comment

Originally posted by weekendwellies View Post
        How does the stuff get into the veg Lola?
        I thought it was safe with fruit and veg.
        Not really sure how much you would need to be exposed to to get ill - its the chemical metaldehyde in them that can make you sick - but, the more I've tried to look into it the more I find out about the poisoning of wildlife rather than poisoning in humans. Its just personal preference, I try not to put any chemicals on my soil if I am going to eat something that comes out of it. BUT I DO HATE SLUGS and can completely understand why people use the pellets.
        This is an article touches on the effects of too much of the chemical (but I'm sure there are guidelines on the packets about how much to use that have to be safe limits or you wouldn't be able to buy it).
        Slug Pellet Dangers / Green Innovations & Developments
        Last edited by LolaLou; 06-03-2010, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X