No announcement yet.

strawberries from seed...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have pricked out the Sarian strawberries that were sown on the 07.02.10. I popped them into a cell tray and left them outside, they seem ok but will move them to a sheltered spot if we have a frost. The alpine strawberries that were sow last autumn have come on really well. They have filled the planting cells, and been hardened off so they will be off to their new lottie home this week.
    http://herbie-veggiepatch.blogspot.com

Updated 23rd February 2009

Comment

Originally posted by Brengirl View Post
      Am I dreaming or has spring come at last. Strawberries and cream anyone?

[ATTACH]13499[/ATTACH]
      Mine are still tiny! About the size of a 50p! They have doubled in size though these past few weeks, so hoping they will really take off soon Not so sure if they will fruit this year though! Not too sure when I will need to re pot them, they are still in cells at the moment.

Comment

Pricked my babies out yesterday, barely big enough leaves to get hold of but they were crowding each other so had to be done. Alpine ones to be done next.

Comment

i grew alpine strawbs from seed last year and they seem to take forever to grow,but keep them as cosy as you can and pot them on end of april,i planted mine out in mid-may and they started fruiting in june and continued until the end of october,fed them once a month with weak tomato feed,and keep cropping to get more...

Comment

any suggestion on HOW to technically sow strawberries from seeds considering that it would be my first time?

Comment

Just follow the instructions on the packet. You sow them just the same way that you would sow any seeds. I would sow in modules as the seedlings are so small for the first month or two.

Comment

I bought 6 Russian tomato seeds ebay for 99p. Sowed last summer, got three plants, overwintered in greenhouse.

Lots of fruit forming: will advise later what it tastes like.

BIG and vigorous plants.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X