No announcement yet.

My (current) sowing plan

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am afraid that if I sow my tomatoes so early it will be too cold for them, they would have to go in the conservatory on the window ledges, what are the advantages of starting so early, I was going to start March'ish?
    Slowly takes it!

Comment

Originally posted by 21again View Post
      ..... is it one of those concertina type folders?
      No, I keep all my seeds in a big tin with card separators for each month and then when plan is done I move the ones I am actually going to sow into plastic document wallets like so.....

aka
      Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by lesleygl View Post
        ....what are the advantages of starting so early, I was going to start March'ish?
        I'm not overly sure there are advantages other than satisfying an overdose of impatience

I think like all things in gardening there are many ways to get to the same end
        aka
        Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
          Sigh....
          shush you, I'm not well

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
          She's trying to get you to grow a bean. Subtly!
          Her's way to sublty for me
          aka
          Suzie

Comment

So? Do you??????

Comment

So? Do you??????
              Yes ...............
              aka
              Suzie

Comment

Cripes - I forgot what it was I was gonna say now.

[Oh yeah - grow some beans to dry then!!!!]

I can pop over some of my favourites for you if you want; climbers and really productive.....got them from PW last year and they were a resounding success for me.
                Last edited by zazen999; 12-02-2010, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Cripes - I forgot what it was I was gonna say now.
                  LOL - I'm good at doing that to people with my wiffle

I can pop over some of my favourites for you if you want; climbers and really productive.....got them from PW last year and they were a resounding success for me.
                  That'd be toppo me love, thank you - address will be in the book which is on way to you the morrow
                  aka
                  Suzie

Comment

Sorted Pisk. I'll gather them together later today......with destructions

Last edited by zazen999; 12-02-2010, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Not including ornatmentals just for home use, have already sown - onions, chillies, sweet peppers, aubergines, first peas, garlic, early mange tout, few cabbage and cauli for the polytunnel, early spuds are chitting and sweet peas.

Today will be sowing broad beans, shallots (I forgot I'd put some by from last year, oops!), more peas (different variety) and leeks

Later this month, basket tomatoes, main crop spuds to chit, carrots in the polytunnel and early French beans for undercover growing.

March - beetroot, carrots, celeriac, sprouts, early courgette, herbs, more leeks, more peas, salad stuffs, main toms and tomatillos.

April - parsnips, sweetcorn, more sucessional stuff, squashes, turnips, spinach, kohl rabi, winter cabbage, cucumber, main courgettes, French beans, and runner beans

May - Swede, kale, more beans, sprouting brocolli etc etc

June - calabrese

July - spring cabbage

August - overwintering onions

etc etc.

I have to have it all planned otherwise I won't make it work OK. All seeds are on a spreadsheet with month to sow clearly marked. Every few weeks I pull the relevant seeds out of the main seed box into the TO SOW box and then take it from there. Probably missed a few off and there's quite a few that get sowed over a few months, especially salad stuffs which is pretty much every month.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I do try to be organised but I fail every year. Then I find seeds I meant to sow and think oh b*gger

Comment

Hello,

I'm new on the Grapevine, this is my first Blog... be Gentle with me!

I thought I was the only person who had sowing spreadsheets and plastic wallets in month order...my other half thought i was a loony.

I have already sown, Chillis, Peppers, Aubergines, Broad Beans, Cabbages, Onlions and Leeks, they are all on the windowsill and doing quite well considering the weather!

I have already got Broad Beans and Onion sets in my raised beds, but im iching to get going on the rest of my beds and containers....

Lainey x

Comment

Sounds perfectly normally to me, Lainey!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                              Sounds perfectly normally to me, Lainey!
                              Me too Lainey and welcome
                              aka
                              Suzie

Comment

A characteristic I inherited from my dad was an obsession with making lists and plans. Thankfully the anarchic streak I got from my mother's side means that I don't take any notice of them

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X