Blight resistant varieties?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
    I'm growing a few Setanta this year - Tattieman recommends them as being both blight resistant and tasty.
    Just had a look at those Haze! A redskin maincrop similar to Desiree with yellow flesh and full of flavour! I might even give those a try myself!
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

We've got Setanta to trial alongside the Sarpos this year, so look out for a proper comparison of them in the autumn

Did anyone try the Sarpos as roasties? We thought they were grand, it was just mashing that took a bit of trial and error and even that improved after they'd been stored a while.

Comment

I've also got 6 Setantas to try; Tattieman - you've got alot of us excited about this potato, I hope it's good!!!

Comment

I'm growing Setanta as well. Got 2.5kg of em to put in.

Comment

I grew Sarpo Mira last season, and no problems with blight. Enormous red skinned spuds, I was expecting them to taste grim but pleasantly suprised. Boiled they were a bit waxy with good flavour, didn't try them mashed.

One odd thing, I grew them through black plastic and late on in the season, what I can only describe as 'small seed spuds' started forming on the stems. I've kept these mini tubers to see if I can grow another crop from them this year (cheapskate that I am!)
            Last edited by muckdiva; 10-02-2010, 11:06 AM.
            All at once I hear your voice
            And time just slips away
            Bonnie Raitt

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X