No announcement yet.

Three things dear to my heart......

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found my original post anyway! From March 2007!!!!!!!

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ent-stove.html

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
    I clicked that link earlier, and my security didn't flag it up? I wonder if it's something to do with the adverts?
    Ok Sarz, but I certainly aint clicking it again to double check!

PS You have my full permission to delete reply 17 if you're sure its ok!
    Last edited by pigletwillie; 02-01-2010, 06:42 AM.
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

No, I don't blame you! I think, seeing as Danny has seen it, I might just edit it out anyway... We've all had enough of security risks I think

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
        A nice warm woodburner,(made from a gas bottle) a nice cup of char from boiled melted snow on my paraffin stove and some leeks growing in the greenhouse!
        Going to give this a go snadger...got a few spare gas bottles sitting here and done a bit of welding in my time, will have to get the mig back from my son though...lol...got various bits of metal in the garage...Dragons Den missed out on this one, lol...nice one snadger..!!

Cheers
        braders...

Comment

Watch what you're doing............my computer has detected a virus on that site!
          Ok for me so far but thanks for the warning!

Found my original post anyway! From March 2007!!!!!!!

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ent-stove.html
          Thanks Snadger

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
          No, I don't blame you! I think, seeing as Danny has seen it, I might just edit it out anyway... We've all had enough of security risks I think
          Better save than sorry
          Cheers

Danny

Comment

Originally posted by braders View Post
            Going to give this a go snadger...
            I'd be interested in seeing the finished results !( are you going for a Mk 2 version aswell?)

Piccies boys...piccies!
            Last edited by Nicos; 02-01-2010, 08:53 AM.
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

My Brother in law built one from the taller gas bottles, two doors, baffled vent at the back to control air flow, especially when doors are shut, and a barbecue/pie warming shelf.
              I definitely agree about venting and filling with water (we did it for a week prior to cutting, and cut with the bottle on it's side and still with most of the water inside).

This is the test build which I use, his is better than this, I have the parts, but not the skill to finish mine off with the barbecue shelf, baffle etc. Make sure the flue is wide enough, and tall enough to make sure smoke goes above head height (or is properly vented if using it as a heater).
              Google gas bottle wood burner and there are loads, both instructional and selling posh versions.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by COMPOST CORNER; 02-01-2010, 10:19 AM. Reason: adding pictures

Comment

WOW great pics CC, thanks!

Sorry about the link earlier - I'd no idea there was a problem with it I too, have deleted it from my Bookmarks.
                All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

I went to check on the lottie today - just by the lottie gates is a garage / car park area; and noticed there were 2 gas cylinders still there - one really diddy one and one tall one - been there some time and I think abandoned. So what next? I really fancy a burner to put on the lottie on a paved area but I'd have to pay someone to convert them. Or is it illegal to pick them up? If it is legal, which one?
                  Last edited by Jeanied; 03-01-2010, 07:09 PM.
                  Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
                    I went to check on the lottie today - just by the lottie gates is a garage / car park area; and noticed there were 2 gas cylinders still there - one really diddy one and one tall one - been there some time and I think abandoned. So what next? I really fancy a burner to put on the lottie on a paved area but I'd have to pay someone to convert them. Or is it illegal to pick them up? If it is legal, which one?
                    I would think it would be illegal to dump them. I would take them both then decide on one or two burners.
                    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                    -----------------------------------------------------------
                    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Or.......you could take them both......weld the little one to the big one, put doors in both and a flue on one and have a stove with a mini oven on the side!

PS.I've seen home made jobbies being flogged on ebay quite regularily ................but don't be paying daft money for a one.
                      Last edited by Snadger; 03-01-2010, 08:51 PM.
                      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

There you go.........but there's loads more (should have patented the damm things!)

gas bottle wood burner stove heater (keep warm 4 xmas)! on eBay (end time 07-Jan-10 17:58:16 GMT)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

*chuckle* I'll put 'em in my case next time I fly up, Snadge!!

Comment

*chuckle* I'll put 'em in my case next time I fly up, Snadge!!
                            The change in pressure at altitude may mean you would be flying in more ways than one..............BOOMB.

Diversify & prosper

Comment

The change in pressure at altitude may mean you would be flying in more ways than one..............BOOMB.
                              Well, I'd never get through security at Heathrow - not so sure about Newcastle going by yesterday!!!

Comment

Well, I'd never get through security at Heathrow - not so sure about Newcastle going by yesterday!!!
                                Hope you gave them back the shovel that they gave you to help clear the runway?
                                Last edited by Snadger; 03-01-2010, 09:20 PM.

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X