Early Tomato Thread

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Flummery View Post
    You wouldn't be over-watering by any chance?
    Not sure what I've done really - didn't seem to overwater them, maybe underwater. The result is that I have one very sickly looking seedling hanging on for dear life left and I'm going to start again with the sowing tonight on a different seed compost

Comment

• My toms sown on 7th Feb are now showing; so true to type, I've sown more. I am not growing under any additional lights or heat other than that in the kitchen. I've sown some Maskotka which were free in a gardening paper last week; and I'll be potting some of the earlier seedlings on at the weekend.

Comment

• My green sausages were so slow to germinate, but now they've grown taller than all my other seedlings? Are these particularly fast? They're on a south facing window sill, taken out as soon as they germinated.

Their leaves are larger too, so I don't think their leggy, just socked at how fast their growing.. unless it's too warm in there for them! (kitchen)

Comment

• ive tomato seedlings galore....
          Question though.....when can i take them out to an unheated greenhouse?

Comment

• Not till there is NO CHANCE of frost in there. To be honest, I don't plant mine out till the end of May in my cold greenhouse. They will die if they get frosted and this week it's been down to -3 in the greenhouse (-5 outside).
            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

• Just planted my San Marzanos yesterday. Will pot up the self saved brandywine and green tigers the moment the lupins have freed up some space!
              The Impulsive Gardener

www.theimpulsivegardener.com

Chelsea Uribe Garden Design www.chelseauribe.com

Comment

• Potted on all of my toms, Black cherry, Roma VF, Tigerella and homesaved beefsteak. Have lost a couple due to neglect over the last couple of weeks, but all remaining ones are doing fine. Sat on a south facing window in one of the colder rooms in the house but still doing well.
                Bob Leponge
                Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

• well most of my tomatoes have grown and ive about 5 different kinds
                  they are now through the back in a colder room and doing well so far, wll ive got about 160 of them....lol

Comment

• I've been very cautious so far with my sowing. I've found with my tomatoes I'm getting strong stems but my leaves seem to be drying and curling, any ideas? They are on a cool window sill and are watered when needed.

I've just ordered 3 more varieties to try Snow White, Striped Roman and Thessolonika also ordered Pepperoncini Greek Pepper. I've got a bit of a Greek theme going on as I've got a Greek variety of lettuce and a greek squash from HSL.
                    Bex

Comment

• Originally posted by Bex View Post
                      I've been very cautious so far with my sowing. I've found with my tomatoes I'm getting strong stems but my leaves seem to be drying and curling, any ideas? They are on a cool window sill and are watered when needed.
                      Could they be getting a draught? They want it reasonably warm. Maybe warm them up and water a tad more?
                      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

• Hmm, could be Flum, I'll see if I can draught proof them. Thanks
                        Bex

Comment

• my tomatoes seeds are now germinating.... ( they were sowed on 20 feb )
                          http://bageechah.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Whoooopps I might have slipped and bought some Cream Sausage tomato seeds, that may have been sneaked in to the seed box and accidently 2 might have made their way with some soil in to the heated prop in the kitchen

My other seedlings are doing quite well though, not too leggy and have quite a few little leaves now

Comment

• My seedlings are coming on fine and here's a photo of the Grushovka planted on 25/01 - sturdy and hardy
                              Last edited by FROSTYFRECKLE; 28-02-2010, 03:30 PM.

Comment

• Potted on all my toms two days ago: 100s and 1000s, Gardeners' Delight, Shirley, Galina and Brioso. They are all strong and sturdy and already responding enthusiastically to a bigger pot and new compost.
                                The Brioso seeds I got from a Grape last year, but cannot, to my shame, remember who. Neither do I know what sort of tomato this is. I'm hoping its horticultural needs will become obvious as it grows!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X