Just found some on this web site:
    Poyntzfield Herb Nursery - Culinary & Aromatic Herbs

Good luck with it

Comment

Originally posted by northepaul View Post
      Just found some on this web site:
      Poyntzfield Herb Nursery - Culinary & Aromatic Herbs

Good luck with it
      Intriguing site northepaul, what a find, thanks for posting. And it's in Scotland!

I'm almost tempted to order a Wasabi plant.
      There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

Wasabi is one of the most difficult plants to grow in the world... Semi-aquatic, it grows only in stream beds of those mountain river valleys where the water is really fresh says Wasabi | Clearspring Ltd.
        Last edited by Two_Sheds; 06-02-2011, 07:35 AM.
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
          Wasabi is one of the most difficult plants to grow in the world... Semi-aquatic, it grows only in stream beds of those mountain river valleys where the water is really fresh. Wasabi | Clearspring Ltd.
          No good in a bog by the Tyne then?
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Wasabi is one of the most difficult plants to grow in the world... Semi-aquatic, it grows only in stream beds of those mountain river valleys where the water is really fresh. Wasabi | Clearspring Ltd.
            Presumably Poyntzfield must have their own Highland Spring then
            There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

Originally posted by HotStuff View Post
              Intriguing site northepaul, what a find, thanks for posting. And it's in Scotland!

I'm almost tempted to order a Wasabi plant.
              I cant take the credit, I was given the link by Frostyfreckle looking for bilberries.

It is a fastinating site though

Comment

So they basickly grow in a small bucket where you change the watewr every day then
                Dont judge a plant by it's pot.

Comment

I think it's a bit like water cress. For years we were told you could only grow it in clear running water that has been blessed by a young lady and her attendant unicorn. Then they discovered that as long as you keep it wet enough it would be OK, maybe not top quality, but OK. The modern advice on Wasabi seems to be to just keep it somewhere wet (maybe my bog garden which is made from an old bath, not an old bog) then it will be fine. Anybody want to buy an old bog?
                  Why didn't Noah just swat those 2 greenflies?

Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
                  >
                  >If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?

Comment

Did anyone ever find a source of wasabi seeds?

Comment

No seeds but plants are available from the link mentioned earlier: Poyntzfield Herb Nursery - Culinary & Aromatic Herbs
                      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X