Free potato barrels

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free potato barrels

Working in a quarry we use heaps of oils of varying kinds. It is supplied in 25L plastic barrels with a handle. I utilise loads on my allotment by cutting out the top and drilling a few drainage holes in the bottom for growing potatoes and and with holes in the for strawberry towers. The handles are great for moving them about easily.

The barrels will have a tiny amount of clean oil in them which is easilly wiped out with a rag or old newspaper and as the plastic is better than food grade no oil impregnates it and are fine for growing things in. They are sent for recycling after use.

Anyway, if any grapes who live near Scraptoft (LE5) Leicestershire and fancy a trip over to collect some they are free of charge to whoever wants them. Just let me know so that I can bring them home for you.

Originally posted by pigletwillie View Post
    Anyway, if any grapes who live near Scraptoft (LE5) Leicestershire and fancy a trip over to collect some they are free of charge to whoever wants them. Just let me know so that I can bring them home for you.
    Yes please pigletwillie, would really like to make use of one. We would also like to get more than one water barrel - would they be any good for that? and would I be able to get one or two in my little peugeot 106 hatchback?

Comment

Comment

Scraptoft, Leicester!!! I did my degree there, I did dance and drama, and appreciating jazz up there - yes, the true horror about me is revealed, I wore lycra in the 90s....
        Best wishes
        Andrewo
        Harbinger of Rhubarb tales

Comment

Scraptoft Campus has gone now Andrew, replaced with a housing estate although the hall and lake are still there.

Lycra!!!!......... Nice

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X