No announcement yet.

Anyone else still got toms ripening?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I picked some costolu yesterday and have several more coming along. There are some sunrise and tigerellas too. If I had followed advice and cut back the growth earlier in the year, these ones wouldn't be here, but I reckon the flowers that are out now have no hope . Hard to bite the bullet and get them all down though. I probably would have done this week, but I've been feeling a bit poorly, so concentrated on essental things like sleep.
    I also have a windowsill full of curing pumpkins, whihc i AM NOT going to carve. Black marker pen will do the job, with flickering candles in between.
    Last edited by BarleySugar; 30-10-2009, 11:47 PM.
    I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
    Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

Roma, sungold and one other I forget still going in GH as well as Toro de Rosso and Arian peppers and two unnamed chili's. Couple of cucumbers on last legs but still with fruit on them.

Oh. and Basil and Tarragon.

Comment

Toms, peppers, chillis and cukes.

If I'd known that I'd get cucumbers this late; I'd have sown some late ones in the summer.

Comment

We've still got several toms in the greenhouse,although their shins are a bit tough.
          Also loads of chillis.
          the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Originally posted by andi&di View Post
            ,although their shins are a bit tough.
            did you let them get a bit leggy?

All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Still got some toms on the pinched out plants (I stuck the bits I'd pinched out in some perlite and they rooted) - the originals ran out of steam a while back, but I have a few Sungold and Aurora ripening on the patio. As well as an aubergine in the mini plastic greenhouse! Surprised it's survived this long, I guess it's in a nice sheltered spot but I didn't think it would still be growing fruit at the end of October. It's been dropping to 10 degrees and sometimes a lot lower in there at night, I thought they'd cark below 10.

My mother is further north - her Sungold is still going outside, but she's taken most of the larger fruits off to ripen inside.

Work tomatoes still going strong in the courtyard at work, we're still getting cherry tomatoes, & some beef & some yellow tomatoes off them.

Comment

I still have a few tomatoes left, will leave and see what happens while it is still warm.
                Will make chutney out of them if they do not turn later next week.

Comment

I picked 3 costalu (sp?) tomatoes today, a good size, and I've still got a few tigerellas and sunrise as well. I was naughty and didn't keep the side shoots trimmed back, and I've still got healthy growth and flowers from the plants I put in for the early tomato trial. I know they won't make much now, but I thought that back in Sept, and wouldn't have had this late crop if I'd cut them back. I don't need the space at the moment, so I might as well leaved them until the frosts cut them off. The chillies don't look so good though
                  I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
                  Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

I've still got tonnes of Gardener's Delight going - they are in pots outdoors but partially covered. I didn't think they'd last this long so started to "neglect" them a few weeks ago - serves me right!!

I think I might be pushing it now though, so plan go out in the next few days and harvest whatever I can and call it an end to the season. I was going to go out tomorrow, but they've predicted gale force winds and rain in the UK - mind you they might not last in that weather anyway!!

Comment

Still have a few toms in the greenhouse. The sweet peppers have surprised me though, One got broken a while ago about 18" from the base. It has put on extra growth ans is now producing flowers.

Ian

Comment

Toms, cucumbers, chillies, sweet peppers and aubergines still growing well in the greenhouse - some of the plants don't look very healthy now, but they're still producing and ripening fruit, so I'm leaving them to get on with it!
                        Life is too short for drama & petty things!
                        So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

My chilies still are covered in new flowers and fruit.

I have some blueberries outside and they have flowers on them???

Comment

My chillies are still going well in the greenhouse along with two Gem squash. I brought the last of the green tomatoes in a few days ago and they're turning nicely on the window sill.

Comment

Ive got a plant thats still going mad in my gravel driveway and still producing like mad although I am picking them as soon as they get to a good size. Dunno what variety presuming a shop bought fell out of a bin bag. All the seed ones I started barely did anything though. But yeah still got some going red on the windowsill
                              http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jamiesjourney

Please give blood and if possible please give bone marrow.

SAVE LIVES TODAY

Subscriber to the mojo mailing list

Comment

Picked the last of my toms out the greenhouse earlier on today, nice and ripe too.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X