Raised bed photos

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raised bed photos

After 4 years of vegetable growing and 6 months off the forum I have finally got round to building a website to put my photos on.
    please click the link and have a look.

QSL M6JDB

All comments greatfully received.

Thanks

jayjay
    The link to my old website with vegetable garden and poultry photographs

http://www.m6jdb.co.uk

they look very good - well done!
    If you can't get a mower between them and if becomes a bit boggy or overgrown Homebase do these natural looking textured mats on a roll. I also noticed that Elliots did a green plastic roll thingy. I am finding that Mr Mole likes the sections between mine

Comment

I built them just over a mowers width apart and so far it has worked ok. I live in a very urban area so have never suffered with moles but the matting idea sounds good to put around the pond because that gets very boggy in winter.
      Hopefully changing it all round between now and christmas so I promise to add more pictures as I go.
      Thanks for the feedback
      jayjay

Comment

I enjoyed your website - your veg look great!
        My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

It looks great Jay Jay. Well done.
          Very similar to what we have done. I would suggest getting rid of the grass - very easy to run up and down there and cut it - but all those edges. Ugh ! Time wasting exercise.
          If you go for getting rid of the grass slice it off in turfs, stack it green side down, leave it for a year and you will have fabulous compost to add to / raise your deep beds.
          Every best wish for your growings.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Ab fab, love your girls too
            When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Thanks Alice. I am having a move around between now and christmas( unless I can find another job ) I think you are right, the grass should go. I am going to join a couple of the long raised beds up and then maybe lay a gravel path on the bit that is left.
              I have got loads of ideas but not much money to carry them out at the moment.
              Thanks for the advice

jayjay

Comment

Good work JJ, nice photos.
                Those that forget the past are condemned to repeat it!

Comment

Love the lettuce beds - so pretty
                  RtB x

Comment

well done jj all looks good.
                    johntheeng

Comment

Speechless with admiration! I have a good mind to bookmark your website and use it for reference. I LIKED the grass between the raised beds, though. A strimmer would be a good way of keeping it short without messing about with a mower. Only thing I would have done differently is to have two raised beds back to back, but I equally like your way. Now, I feel the need to go 'garden shopping' and it's ALL your fault, lol!

Comment

I am moving it around between now and christmas to make room for a permanent greenhouse and putting long beds back to back is a brilliant idea. I might even be able to squeeze another one in !
                        Thanks slug lobber !

Comment

Looks like you've used the space really well.
                          I build my raised beds out of pallet wood because it was free. I lined them with polythene
                          to save them rotting and keep any nasties from the wood leaching into the soil. I used old compost bags and the like.
                          Yep - keep updating the pics, please.
                          Where abouts are you based?

Comment

Something I would suggest is to go on ebay and look for copper adhesive slug tape, you can get about 3 - 4m for £2-3 and its worth it, I kept the slugs and snails out of my raised beds, I sectioned off an area of my garden to keep out the Rabbits, as I have a nature reserve with rabbits that used to come into my garden, so I dug down, put in netting and broken bricks to stop them getting in.
                            Ill post some pics, so you can see. Also in between my raised beds, I put in weed matting, then 20mm gravel, so it looks nice as well!!
                            Attached Files
                            An atheist is someone who denies altogether the existence of God. I'm an agnostic. An agnostic is someone who believes that there can be no proof of the existence of God, but does not deny the possibility that God exists.

http://stuartscornerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

remaining 2 pics
                              Attached Files
                              An atheist is someone who denies altogether the existence of God. I'm an agnostic. An agnostic is someone who believes that there can be no proof of the existence of God, but does not deny the possibility that God exists.

http://stuartscornerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X