Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I alone in wanting to clear everything?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kentvegplot View Post
    ...I don't think it matters if you only work your veg patch in the summer, as long as you tuck it up well for the winter.
    Yep nicely put - in addition to the aforementioned weeds/cat poo on bare soil, heavy rains will leach nutrients from soil so care and cover is important, in fact weeds are a kind of green manure by the fact that they cover
    aka
    Suzie

Comment

ooooooooh is Uncle Snadger on the Norty Step?, can I go keep him company
      Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

i've had such a crap year with health and stuff, my veggie patch and allotment got very overgrown and neglected - meeting a girlfriend then it suddenly ending without explanation was another major knock - i just don't have any enthusiasm at all right now

i'd love to clear the whole lot and prepare for next year - can't bring myself to do it just yet .........
        http://MeAndMyVeggies.blogspot.com

Comment

What happened to the one year fallow idea in crop rotation that we learnt about in Geography many moons ago? I feel a bit mean planting something in a bed very recently vacated by another plot - but of course I do it.

Comment

Sorry - I meant recently vacated by another CROP!

Comment

Originally posted by fran View Post
              What happened to the one year fallow idea in crop rotation that we learnt about in Geography many moons ago? I feel a bit mean planting something in a bed very recently vacated by another plot - but of course I do it.
              Probably from intensive cropping, when they would grow all the goodness out.

They probably didn't mulch quite so heavily

Comment

Have been clearing lots of the veggies that were grown in pots/containers (Celery), some beans etc) general tidy up of herbs in pots and a good scrub to the patio.

Next few weeks will bring lots of jobs (with rain, cold etc) so best to get on top of some of them.
                BumbleB

I have raked the soil and planted the seeds
                Now I've joined the army that fights the weeds.

Comment

Originally posted by fran View Post
                  Sorry - I meant recently vacated by another CROP!
                  Freudian slip Fran?!!

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.”

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Charles Churchill : A dog will look up on you; a cat will look down on you; however, a pig will see you eye to eye and know it has found an equal

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X