No announcement yet.

Tomatoes thrive on urine diet

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, Womble, I think you're male which makes it not only easier to deliver the goods outdoors but I believe it's male urine which is the most prized (some say only male urine is suitable ).
    My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by maytreefrannie View Post
      Well, Womble, I think you're male which makes it not only easier to deliver the goods outdoors but I believe it's male urine which is the most prized (some say only male urine is suitable ).
      Bob Flowerdew says it's better after a night on the cider, I can neither confirm nor deny it
      I'm pretty sure that it doesn't matter if you are female or male, but anyway, most females have males living with them and getting them to pee into a watering can now and again doesn't seem that hard.
      "Orinoco was a fat lazy Womble"

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

We pee on our compost heap, seems to help the compost activate quicker. Our pumpkins are massive and numerous this year so I am not complaining.

This thread reminds me of something I read recently, about a man who makes his wee into nutriants for spinach and then sells it in a resturant.

have a look here: Vegan Spinach Pie, or How To Turn Your Urine into an Ideal Hydroponic Solution for Plants!
        We plant the seed, nature grows the seed, we eat the seed - Neil, The Young Ones

http://countersthorpeallotment.blogspot.com/
        Updated 21st July - please take a look

Comment

I've heard stories of school kids peeing their name on the school playing field so that the grass grows greener in the shape of their 'signature'!
          Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
          Snadger - Director of Poetry
          RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
          Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
          Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
          piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by snohare View Post
            I use urine on any gross feeder plant, not just on the compost heap, and I have always assumed that it would work well on any nitrogen fixers too, although I don't think I have tried it. ( Is this how "peas" got their name ? ! ) Ammonia, or to be more precise urea, is only one step away from pure nitrogen, isn't it ?
            It's full of phosphates too. The original discoverer of phosphorous set out his protocol thus: 'Take 52 buckets of urine....evaporate over a fire.' Having done that he noticed a glow in the residue which we now know was phosphorescent. I've often wondered what ever made him try this in the first place. Though I always think it amusing that the chemical symbol is P.

Male or female urine should contain largely the same compounds. The only time male urine is preferable is when it's used to 'scent mark' to deter foxes from chickens
            Last edited by bluemoon; 15-09-2009, 10:20 AM.
            Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Just found this, may have to give it a go myself as I can't see my husband peeing into a bottle for me.

How to Use Urine as Fertilizer | eHow.com
              Hi. Hi. We've removed your signature. If you have any issues with this, please contact one of the Moderators.

Comment

This is great news, my toddler often has a wee around my tomato plants and they are producing a fantastic amount where my neighbours have done nothing this year. Maybe a little wee is the answer....

Comment

Amazing, I've been peeing on my veg since I was a bairn and thought everybody did it. Mind you, I do draw the line at what used to be euphemistically called 'night soil'

Comment

I came across a book recently - Liquid Gold:The Lore and Logic of Using Urine to Grow Plants, by Carol Steinfeld.

There is a website/blog to go with this - here.

There's a pic of the author with a pot of swiss chard fed on the stuff. It looks ok...apart from the fact that it's indoors. Erm... really not sure about that!
                    Last edited by WeeGarden; 16-09-2009, 06:16 PM.
                    http://www.weeveggiepatch.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by enrich100 View Post
                      I think they are taking the p**s

The old 'uns are the best!!

Comment

So if urine is so good, why does dog pee kill the lawn?

Comment

So if urine is so good, why does dog pee kill the lawn?
                          A good question.
                          As Paracelsus said, "Dose is everything" - still the basic precept of toxicology. Everything will kill at some dosage.
                          There's no point reading history if you don't use the lessons it teaches.

Head-hunted member of the Nutter's Club - can I get my cranium back please ?

Comment

I always pee in the watering can up the lottie dilute to the top with water and spread around liberally,the butternut squash were fantastic!
                            don't be afraid to innovate and try new things
                            remember.........only the dead fish go with the flow

Another certified member of the Nutters club

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X