No announcement yet.

Heinz F1 tomato varieties

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi - Thanks for posting website address. Have sent for catalogue, the taste of Heinz is like nothing else. When I'm being really tight and buy other brands of soup/beans etc and serve it up my children, they know instantly! I had a slight prob with postcode as the web site wouldn't take all digits and it asked me to fill in correctly. In the end I put complete postcode in "Ville" and just put 12345 in postcode box. It got round the problem and I was able to send off for catalogue. Hope this tip saves some grapes from any hair pulling!

Comment

Originally posted by Weavie View Post
      I had a slight prob with postcode as the web site wouldn't take all digits and it asked me to fill in correctly. In the end I put complete postcode in "Ville" and just put 12345 in postcode box.
      I did the same and made sure I added Angleterre also so that it was obvious where it needed to go to. However I wasn't so thoughtfull as to post the bit of advice. Sorry!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

If you do grow the Heinz toms, you can 'clone' the Heinz recipes from this site:
        http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/home.asp
        SSx
        not every situation requires a big onion

Comment

When we holidayed in Spain last year, our landlady (bless her) mentioned a very good garden centre as they did good coffee! I reeally perked up and OH groaned and well to cut a long story short (it wasn't the easiest place to find).......... I managed to bring back a dozen packets of seeds, two for tomatoes, some lettuce and onions (the rest flowers!) so am eagerly looking forward to trying these Spanish varieties. We'll have to compare notes later in the season.
          ~
          Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
          ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Wow - Thanks for lead on Web site for secret recipes - how did you find out about it? Will def try the sauce with the toms next year. don't want to wish time away but acting liked a caged lion at the moment - was delighted to find seed pots in B & Q and Wisley this weekend though.
            Will be interested to hear re spanish toms - are they for growing under glass or will they grow outside?

Comment

Going back rather longer than I care to admit, I did a two week stint as work experience at the labs in Heinz at Wigan as part of my Home Ec degree.

What a fab bunch of people! It was a wonderful experience - I will never forget the tour I was given around the factory and the big vats they make the soup in, the conveyor belts with the beans on, the racks of empty tins moving around the building - and being stood next to the 57 sign on the roof -it's huge!

Will take a look at the seeds - theres nowt that can beat Heinz tom soup - taking our annual trip to Arnside beach (in the Lakes) with Dexter the dog on new years day, complete with our flask of Heinz tom soup! Dexterdog
              Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X