Indoor tomatoes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crosbie View Post
    I've got two Black Russian toms on the go...sowed 11 Aug. I figured that even if our summers have been crap then our winters haven't always been that bad. I read that some Russian tomatoes need "at least 8 hours of daylight".

Crosbie
    A pic would be good to compare..?..sorry, Im stealing this thread..

Comment

I'm with Two Sheds - don't waste your time and build yourself up for a disappointment which could set you back.

On the other hand, if you are ok with (most likely) failure but want to have a go anyway - go for it, it's all fun and frolicks in the horticultural world
      aka
      Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by braders View Post
        A pic would be good to compare..?..sorry, Im stealing this thread..
        Here you go...just toasted my fone battery

Crosbie
        Attached Files

Comment

I am in Liverpool UK

Comment

Could you pop that into your profile so that we know?

I have to say - good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by rusdove View Post
              I am in Liverpool UK
              sorry about that
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Thanks to you all for your advice and opinions. From what you say it will not be very successful so I will spend my time elsewhere in the garden and buy my January tomatoes.

Comment

We will be starting an early tomato experiment at the end of December; you are most welcome to join in......

Comment

Originally posted by rusdove View Post
                    I will spend my time elsewhere in the garden and buy my January tomatoes.
                    ... or you could eat something that is in season, in January.

kale, leeks, cabbage, sprouts, PSB .... stuff from the freezer ... and enjoy tomatoes when you can grow them yourself (they are ripe between 20th Aug and 10th Sep in my experience)
                    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I pickle and grow beetroot....it is still ok to eat in the winter and takes the place of toms when we haven't got any....as it brings colour and flavour to our winter salads.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X