Have I over pruned my tomato plants?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sunflower86400 View Post
    Incidently, do you throw your cuttings in the compost bin?

I watched another video clip, again an American, who put his aside for the bin. But I also have read that you shouldn't just incase of disease. So I took all mine out of the bin. They'd only been in there no more than 15 mins.
    i put mine in the bin, don't fancy climbing in to get them back out

Comment

Thankfully it wasn't that unpleasant, they were within arms reach. It did wiff a bit though. And thoses little flies...yuk.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunflower86400 View Post
        Incidently, do you throw your cuttings in the compost bin?

I watched another video clip, again an American, who put his aside for the bin. But I also have read that you shouldn't just incase of disease. So I took all mine out of the bin. They'd only been in there no more than 15 mins.
        Ok...He was a bit over the top with the pruning in my experience, but you do need to prune leaves to allow the sunlight to ripen the fruits...lol...when it shines...I always prune the bottom leaves too, especially if they are discoloured...dont go overboard with the pruning...I always leave some on, but thats me and the way I do it and it works for me...been doing it since I can remember when, so I hope this helps.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X