No announcement yet.

Leek sowing question

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i sowed my leeks back in january, when they were big enough to handle i thinned them out and then put them in to buckets untill ready to plant out.i planted them out in 3 stages starting from june, thinned out again july the same and the last lot out today which most were about the thickness of a biro pen.
    a good put down line to use !

If having brains was a fatal disease, you would be the only survivor.

Comment

Brace yourselves I feel a daft question coming on. I presume leeks stay in the ground all winter, but when do you actually harvest them?

Angela

Comment

Originally posted by GrubbyGirl View Post
        Brace yourselves I feel a daft question coming on. I presume leeks stay in the ground all winter, but when do you actually harvest them?

Angela
        When they are ready!!!!!!! Or when you are ready for them!

If you like leeks, by growing different varieties and sowing at different times you could theoretically be eating fresh leeks every day of the year!
        Last edited by Snadger; 23-08-2009, 10:01 PM.
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
          When they are ready!!!!!!! Or when you are ready for them!
          ...And preferably on a day when the ground isn't frozen solid(not often a prob in Kent tho)...battling sideways rain is par for the course!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X