Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When did you realise you were a 'proper' gardener?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Storming Norman View Post
    Two Sheds,

What about those of us who grow our own petunias - from seed??
    I did that this year (well I had to have something to fill out the hanging baskets).

Anybody want about 150 spare, unused and nearly finished petunias? (Buyer collects )
    Why didn't Noah just swat those 2 greenflies?

Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
    >
    >If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?

Comment

Well my DD got given a petunia this year as a tiny seedling and has grown it on to be this big beautiful plant, with different colour flowers on the same plant!
      This is the first time I've ever had one here and it's lovely, smells gorgeous, flowers profusely.
      What's the problem with petunias? you snobby lot
      "Orinoco was a fat lazy Womble"

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

I am not ashamed to say that I buy bedding plants for the pots and tubs that brighten up my back garden and patio. I also have flowering perennials in a bed and this all gives me the time to concentrate on growing veg! I would feel more like a "proper" gardener if I could manage to sow and harvest successionally - something I haven't quite managed yet.
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Grew petunias (plug plants) for the first time in about 10 years. What a wonderful smell every time I go down the greenhouse. I also have some ornaments around ( the OH likes them). I still regard myself a real gardener and manage one and a half allotments which includes 13 different fruits (and not a single tree) and I'm hard pushed to find a veg I haven't grown in the past. We all have our likes and dislikes that's one of the nice things about gardening, there is something for everyone.

Ian

Comment

I've only been gardening since mid-March, but get asked for advice and stuff and have been raising seedlings for my ILs (marigolds, geraniums, toms, sweet william). I don't know if I feel like a proper gardener - can I even feel like one when I've only been going a few months? I'm just trying to enjoy it and eat some nice food.

Got 3-4 months' worth of runner beans in the freezer already!
            Singleton Allotments Society
            Ashford Gardeners - A gardening club (and so much more) for the greenfingered of Ashford and surrounding areas. Non-Ashfordites welcome .

Comment

I am a new gardener but went away for last weekend and was worried about the wind blowing the tunnel as we were setting off.
              First thing when we got back was checking the tomatoes were OK!

I hope I don't get too emotionally attached to eat them!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X