Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jimbojetset View Post
    someone say cynic?
    good luck with the trial, though just how unaware of moon dates are you? strikes me as a very difficult thing to "unremember"
    i was going to do a blind experiment but am just too busy and a bit transatlantic at the mo'
    but for a truly blind experiment design if you fancy doing one is what i was going to do;

i)in each module put a non-biodegradable scrap saying what date it was sowed on

ii)get other half to shuffle modules

then you have absolutely no bias whatsoever
    just a thought
    good luck with trials
    x
    I've not looked at the dates for weeks in preparation..... I don't have any way of knowing which day is which without referring to the website and I'm trying not to look at the moon too often

All these cynics are the ones who never do the trials themselves.....as mentioned in the first post - it would be great for people who are actively cynical to trial this but they all seem to be busy doing other things..........

Anyway - I have devised a way of ascertaining which dates the seedlings should be planted out [there will be choices for some flexibility] and harvested.....as long as HW is accommodating in converting the 4 main groups to symbols.

I'm not sure that hidden labels and mixing the modules up serves any purpose as they are being planted out and harvested on the days matching their sowing....

P.S....plus, it's just for fun!!!
    Last edited by zazen999; 29-08-2009, 11:37 AM.

Comment

I have no idea about moon gardening other than having read bits about it on here. I never pay much attention to the moon (unless it is particularly bright and I notice when in bed).

I am going to give it a try to see if there is indeed a discernable difference - and cos it is something to do and watch growing at a time of year when there isn't much of that happening.
      Happy Gardening,
      Shirley

Comment

Oooooh - nearly forgot about this!

It's been so manic last few weeks (Dad was diagnosed with angina a few weeks ago and everything was a bit scary but the NHS have been truly amazing and he's had a stent fitted and seems to be recovering well now ) so I've only been popping onto the vine for a few very brief moments recently!

I'll head out today or tomorrow to get my onion seeds and I'll sort out the modules today!
        http://vegblogs.co.uk/overthyme/

Comment

A quick and possibly daft question for Zazen

Does is matter whether we use plastic modules or fibre ones? I know we'll need to use the same type throughout September, but is one preferable over the other? Or maybe not?

Btw, apologies if you've already dealt with this.

***goes back to making tiny labels for each day's sowing.....
          Last edited by maytreefrannie; 30-08-2009, 10:01 AM. Reason: spelling mistake
          My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by maytreefrannie View Post
            A quick and possibly daft question for Zazen

Does is matter whether we use plastic modules or fibre ones? I know we'll need to use the same type throughout September, but is one preferable over the other? Or maybe not?

Btw, apologies if you've already dealt with this.

***goes back to making tiny labels for each day's sowing.....
            Anything you want...but remember they will be in there for about 6 months before going in the ground, and the fibre ones dry out quite quickly. Also, as they are root veg, the fibre might restrict the growth of the veg once in the ground, unless you crumble or break it when it goes in [if it is still in one piece by then - I've not used them so I don't know]....

Comment

Thanks, Zazen - must get washing the modules then.

Comment

Originally posted by maytreefrannie View Post
                Thanks, Zazen - must get washing the modules then.

I just give mine a quick tap or brush over the compost bin.

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post

I just give mine a quick tap or brush over the compost bin.
                  thanks thanks thanks ---

You got to me before I started washing!

Comment

Phew - Glad I could help

Comment

You'll have to record the day you prep the bed they will be planted out into, as that is important too in biodynamics.

I'm not organised enough to join in, but look forward to the results.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluemchen View Post
                        You'll have to record the day you prep the bed they will be planted out into, as that is important too in biodynamics.

I'm not organised enough to join in, but look forward to the results.
                        We're not going the full biodynamic way.....just the moon dates.

If anyone wants to, that's great - they can make the notes and note the differences.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X