No announcement yet.

How're your Aubergines doing ?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aubegine envy is a contagious disease. I'm now gently shaking evey aubergine flower I have. First couple of flowers have dried off but the third one looks promising. Hope I'm now jinxing it.

Comment

Theres something eating the leaves on mine but i cant find out what it is. Literally big chunks outta the leafs, cant find anything on the plant though...Anyone advise?

Comment

Originally posted by PeshB7 View Post
        Theres something eating the leaves on mine but i cant find out what it is. Literally big chunks outta the leafs, cant find anything on the plant though...Anyone advise?
        Could be a vine weevil, they take halfmoon shaped chunks out of leaf edges. They are particularly attracted to things growing in pots, and the white larvae will be underground munching the roots I'm afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by tiachica View Post
          Mine are still small. Not sure how large these get. They are supposedly dwarf aubergines. Does that means the plant or the fruit?
          Mine look just like yours, TC, and are bred to be smaller than the big 'uns. Mine are loaded with fruit. We are eating them at about 50G size - about one third the size of the usual kind - and they're lovely. Just hope I can use them all!

Comment

Finally!!!

After moving two of my plants inside and leaving one outside in the plastic GH (still with the door open) I've just found fruit on... every single plant!

So my little trial only goes to prove that the plant will get on and do it's own thing!

Attached Files
            http://vegblogs.co.uk/overthyme/

Comment

I think I actually have one very small aubergine (unless it falls off in the next week or so). The plants are looking really good and I am hoping that a few more will set some fruit over the next week or so. The pepper plants are also doing welll and the fruit has set on most of them.

Ian

Comment

I bought one Aubergine plant - which I thougth was a moneymaker. But it doesn't look like the picture posted here - it isn't very tall, has black stalks and veins, and has green and purple leaves. I know it is an aubergine as I have 1 growing, but it's been walnut sized for a little while.

Any ideas of what variety it might be?

Even if I don't get any aubergines of it I want to continue growing them next year for the beaufitul foliage and purple flowers.

Comment

Photo update prior to picking.
                  july+09+055.jpg (image)
                  Never mind the TWADDLE here's the SIX PETALS.

http://vertagus.blogspot.com/ Annual seedlings.

Comment

I have two flowers now...well, they will be when they open, but its more than I had before!!

Comment

Just cooked my first aubergine last night! Loads more on the plants (have 8 growing, just in case....)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X