Get ya chilli plants out!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deezyb View Post
    I hate you all for having such lovely looking chillies!

Kidding...I love you all really, just jealous x
    Please feel free to come over and be bitter with me - lots of buds but that's it so far.

Comment

Chilli growing seems to be a GYO sub-culture of it's own.

Sadly I don't have anything worth posting, but I'm working at it!
      Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
      Snadger - Director of Poetry
      RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
      Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
      Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
      piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Alice View Post
        This is my chillie Black Hungarian.
        I've got some jalapenos and Big Jim but they're not so far on ut do have fruits on. I'll do their piccies tomorrow.
        [ATTACH]9711[/ATTACH]
        I've just fallen in love [with your black Hungarian].
        Last edited by zazen999; 06-07-2009, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by amandaandherveg View Post
          Please feel free to come over and be bitter with me - lots of buds but that's it so far.
          I like the fact that we can all bathe in each others misery!!
          "A cat sees no good reason why it should obey another animal, even if it does stand on two legs."

Comment

Only flowers and buds at the moment cant remember what they are called as i lost the seed packet.

Comment

Originally posted by amandaandherveg View Post
              can I join the club. I have a few baby chillies starting but mostly just buds and flowers. I have had a couple of peppers though

When did you guys plant your seeds?
              Last edited by Incy; 07-07-2009, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FoxHillGardener View Post
                There certainly can be, Alice. You might have to remind me later on though
                Alice - I've just looked at your black Hungarian picture - we're definitely on for a swap

Comment

Alice, your Black Hungarian is stunning. Where did you get your seed from?

Here's one of my favourites this year, a Naga Morich I grew from seed and have christened "Munch". She's got her first Chilli, a couple of flowers and a load more buds.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by HotStuff; 07-07-2009, 03:51 PM.
                  There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

I planted some seeds in March that I got out of a sweet pointed red pepper that I bought in Asda. I also planted some seeds from a red chilli pepper plant that I got off my Mum last year so I have no idea what variety they are but I guess I could check the packaging in Asda to see what we are eating!!!!

Anyway, I carefully kept the two types separate only for my mini greenhouse to blow over a few months ago.

I salvaged them all and re potted and now it would seem that I have one chilli left and the rest must be the pointed ones. I've only just noticed that they are different now that they are about 18 inches high!!
                    No flowers on the pointed peppers yet but I have some on my chilli plant so I have bought that inside to grow on the windowsill.
                    I have given away 3 of the others and I still have 4 left which are still in my greenhouse but I go away soon. Are they ok to plant out in the garden or are they better kept in pots in the greenhouse/windowsill?
                    Any advice gratefully received.
                    From Row
                    Its nice to be important but its more important to be nice

Comment

Impressive pods Flobalob! I've got some babies on my overwintered Cheyenne but only flowers on the others.
                      Mad Old Bat With Attitude.

I tried jogging, but I couldn't keep the ice in my glass.

Comment

Hello Hotstuff, I got the seeds from another Grape. I'm sure it was Sdg Tiger. Thank you Tiger. The Black Hungarian has been much admired.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Hello guys, it's been around a year since I've been here, and I've missed it! Anyway, had to give our Lotty back as I was working away from home a lot and didn't have the time that it deserved...

...but I am still growing in my conservatory and ...well....its not brilliant!
                          1. Rosemary that isn't doing much!
                          2. Corriander that hasn't germinated!
                          3. Scotch Bonnet (apparently) that has flowered marvelously and producing small chillis that look like little stubby birds eye chillis, not scotch bonnetts!

Not too bothered about 1 and 2 at the moment, but worried about 3...Is it normal? Will they develop into the traditional wrinkly cube shapes that they are meant to be?

The only thing I can think of that I may have done wrong was, I popped it straight into a 12" pot after I bought the little plant. I didn't 'pot them up' as I thin I was supposed to. But the plant has flower tons, and loads of little chillis showing and some of the earlier ones are actually now red, but still the same size...

Any help?

(sorry for lack of picture....I work away, but will post one soon)

Ta

Comment

oh i've got a few plants but no chillis on them at all, in fact, they are only just coming into flower. Bit poor all round.
                            We plant the seed, nature grows the seed, we eat the seed - Neil, The Young Ones

http://countersthorpeallotment.blogspot.com/
                            Updated 21st July - please take a look

Comment

These are my Ring Of Fire Chillies.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X