No announcement yet.

sweet potatoes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YEAH i have just dug up my FIRST EVER sweet potato thanks SMS6 you were spot on i only had to remove some top soil and it was just sitting there waiting for me i have only pulled one at the moment and hopefully i can just pull and use as i want them
    oh and if you want to try one ckfe or incy you have to try growing your own or pop on a plane to see me (by the way its only 28 in the shade today lol)
    thanks to all xx

Comment

Originally posted by tracy View Post
      oh and if you want to try one ckfe or incy you have to try growing your own or pop on a plane to see me (by the way its only 28 in the shade today lol)
      thanks to all xx
      ONLY 28 in the shade??.. if you're not careful i'm gonna hop on that plane and do a bit of spud bashing!!

Comment

leave me spuds alone.....whats the weather like in eccles ?

Comment

YEAH i have just dug up my FIRST EVER sweet potato thanks SMS6 you were spot on i only had to remove some top soil and it was just sitting there waiting for me i have only pulled one at the moment and hopefully i can just pull and use as i want them
          thanks to all xx
          So jealous! Enjoy your sweet potato

Comment

will enjoy roasted with peppers and leeks um yum yum x

Comment

leave me spuds alone.....whats the weather like in eccles ?
              it's horrible!! rain, wind and more rain.. wanna swap for a bit?

Comment

Originally posted by ckfe View Post
                it's horrible!! rain, wind and more rain.. wanna swap for a bit?
                I second that sentiment. Kept hearing people say we were going to get a heatwave starting this weekend
                Where is it? it's peeing down here

Comment

Originally posted by Incy View Post
                  I second that sentiment. Kept hearing people say we were going to get a heatwave starting this weekend
                  Where is it? it's peeing down here
                  they lie....

Comment

yeah i swap you some of your rain for some of my sun i think thats a fair deal x

Comment

I am currently growing sweet pots, to see how it goes. I currently have 6 slips out on the plot and about 5 planted in the greenhouse in big tubs.
                      I hope i get a least one!

Comment

Tracey - Is it just my imagination or are the best crops of fruit and veg exported from the Canaries? When I was over in Lanzarote a few months ago and visited the Teguise Sunday Market, most of the produce I wouldn't have had if it had been free.
                        Mind you on mainland Spain, the produce at the Markets are pretty similar.
                        Do you manage to grow decent looking fruit and veg?

Comment

yeah i swap you some of your rain for some of my sun i think thats a fair deal x
                          Sounds fair. I love my garden here but would be much happier with a bit more sun

Comment

yeah all our veg seems to be shipped out, the veg in the supermarkets is good although you cant beat home grown and if someone tells me how to post a photo i will put some of my veggie pics on here

Comment

yeah all our veg seems to be shipped out, the veg in the supermarkets is good although you cant beat home grown and if someone tells me how to post a photo i will put some of my veggie pics on here
                              Go advanced and click on attachments. It will then let you browse your computer to load pictures. BEWARE! it doesn't like big pics. I tend to reduce mine to around 20% of their original size. Looking forward to seeing your veggies

Comment

a couple of photos

only two for now will do some more later x
                                Attached Files

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X