sods law

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ckfe View Post
    they're just sprawled everywhere though, not just a bit floppy but totally laid out on the soil like they've totally given up the ghost
    Maybe they are just sleeping

Comment

Originally posted by ckfe View Post
      they're just sprawled everywhere though, not just a bit floppy but totally laid out on the soil like they've totally given up the ghost
      I know what Zazen means, I have seen plants come back to life when I thought they were dead and gone, so maybe they will. Have you planted radishes inbetween the plants of your bed? Give you something to do? Go on, now tell me you don't like radishes!
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Originally posted by IgglePiggle View Post
        Maybe they are just sleeping
        more like in a coma.. perhaps i should play them some of their favourite swede music to try and bring them round.. i'm sure i've got some abba somewhere (swede/swedish.. geddit?? )

Comment

Honest - it happens

I put a load of brassicas in the potato bed after the mains were out last summer. They had been sat in a nursery bed for weeks and were quite dry - they were pretty much the last of the range [ie if I hadn't had space I'd have chucked them]. One of the Old boys came up to me several months later after my lovely bed of cabbages and swedes had perked up apologising for laughing at the bed when I planted them out as they had recovered nicely.

I had put them in on a really hot sunday, I remember it well as I had also swept my paths that same day as it had been hot for ages......and the swedes lasted all winter.

Have some faith!!!

Comment

ok, keep your fingers crossed for me, i love swede so hopefully they'll make a miraculous recovery.. i blame the wind for making them so floppy in the first place

Comment

Sow some more seeds just in case though!

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                Sow some more seeds just in case though!
                you give me hope with one hand, and doubts with the other sigh

Comment

Always have a plan B....did I forget to mention that???

Comment

zazen i kept the faith and they've come back to life!! they've arisen from the dead

Comment

I don't like to say I told you so.........but......

Nah - well done - things are tougher than we think sometimes

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X