Tiny toms

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiny toms

Am waiting to hear from thr National Trust..but at Little Morton Hall this year, they grew an unusual variety of tomato which was much smaller than a cherry tom ...and really sweet!!( ...it just jumped into my mouth occifer..when no-one was watching!! )
    Almost like a large pea size. Anyone seen this variety before or know where I can find the seeds???
    The shrub were about waist height and covered with tiny fruit.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Hi
    I wonder if it was Latah from The Real Seed Company. I grew this, a big bush type absolutely covered in tiny sweet tomatoes. I must have eaten hundreds just off one plant. Gorgeous flavour, early to ripen and only just finished the last of them a few weeks ago. I shall definately be growing this again, it powered on through the summer drought and with the tomatoes being so tiny and held high up on the bush had very little slug damage compared to other tomato plants.
    Best wishes
    Sue

Comment

That sounds like an ideal Miss E tomato plant. question is should I add that to the ten or so varieties I already have to grow?
      Bright Blessings
      Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Just had the phonecall and apparently it's called Currant and is from the Heritage seed library and was first recorded being grown in 1795. Apparently it's pretty rare( and to think that I ate one!!! Shame...... )
        Good news is that he is going to send me a few seeds with a view to me passing some on next year to other people.
        Think I will have to grow them at home away from other varieties so the seed will come up true the following year, and away from the spuds as we always get blight on the lottie. Am very excited!!
        Fancy trying the Latah too, but at the lottie.
        Will let you know how I get on

Comment

I take it your a member of the HSL then Nicos. I think that Robinsons do one thats similar as well. As to eating it, that wasn't a problem its the fact you swalloed the seeds that was !!

I was right for once see here

http://www.mammothonion.co.uk/shop/8/index.htm
          Last edited by nick the grief; 14-11-2006, 12:03 PM.
          ntg
          Never be afraid to try something new.
          Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
          A large group of professionals built the Titanic
          ==================================================

Comment

I cannot possibly type the thought that went through my head.

Thanks for the link Nick. Good selection of toms.
            Bright Blessings
            Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Yes - good link- thanks!
              Nope am not a member of the HSL- the responsibility would be too great for me!!!
              Thinking about me eating one of the toms ....the guide was the one who told us all how tasty they were- so she had clearly had at least one!!
              Also, there did not appear to be any 'bagged' to prevent cross contamination- so they could not guarentee the seed coming true.
              Maybe afterall the toms were for eating??
              There do appear to be quite a few varieties out there according to your link Nick)...so maybe my shame can be an example to you all??

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X