peas

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My peas must be on go slow!

I sowed some in loo rolls and some in modules and planted them out two or three weeks ago and they are growing, but not speeding ahead and I don't think they are anywhere near flowering yet.

Should I feed them with anything or am I just being far too impatient?!
    http://vegblogs.co.uk/overthyme/

Comment

My first row of peas are doing great with hundreds of pods, but none that have fattened out yet but they won't be long now. Broadies are coming along nicely as well with some pods about 4" long.

Ian

Comment

Sorry peeps but I have picked four and a half pound of peas in the last three days, Feltham First sown in feb in guttering in the greenhouse then planted when they were a couple of inches tall,
        Last edited by PAULW; 08-06-2009, 05:51 PM.

Comment

just picked the last fat pod this evening...... gonna have to wait now for the rest to fatten up........ so addictive!!

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
            You can sow quite happily during June.
            You can, but the Pea Moth will be around, so make sure you mesh/net the plants.

Powdery mildew always gets my peas in late June, so now is the only time I get them all year.
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by jonohanson View Post
              Yup mine are podding up, I think its the kelvdon? Can I pick these flat and cook them in their pods or do you have to pop them out of the pods?

Cheers
              Kelvedon Wonder are a shelling pea. If you try eating them in their pods you'll find the pod is tough and fibrous. You CAN eat it in the sense that it's not poisonous but they are best left to fatten up and then popped out. I believe it's possible to cook them too!
              Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                You can, but the Pea Moth will be around, so make sure you mesh/net the plants.

Powdery mildew always gets my peas in late June, so now is the only time I get them all year.
                Is pea moth a regional thing, have never had any problems with it (touch wood!) and usually randomally shove peas in the ground for a fair few weeks yet. Don't tend ot get powdery mildew much either (and just ignore it when I do), not like the problem I get with on my courgettes anyway.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Not got any peas ready yet - they are teasing me and staying flat- but picked 2 handfuls of mangetout today and even the children ate them
                  OH was gutted by the time his tea time came he got 2 on his plate PMSL... think he might need a snack later!

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                    Is pea moth a regional thing, have never had any problems with it (touch wood!) and usually randomally shove peas in the ground for a fair few weeks yet. Don't tend ot get powdery mildew much either (and just ignore it when I do), not like the problem I get with on my courgettes anyway.
                    I don't think it's regional - but it's seasonal. I don't get it because I only sow peas early on. It's vile though, when you shell your lovely peas to find the pod contains wrigglies!
                    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
                      I don't think it's regional - but it's seasonal. I don't get it because I only sow peas early on. It's vile though, when you shell your lovely peas to find the pod contains wrigglies!
                      Eugh, sounds vile, thankfully I've never had it but suppose the could be a first time for it this year. Just when I think I've seen all the nasties on my veg I hear there is risk of another one.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X