No announcement yet.

Peppers

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the word 'perennual' indicate that it's sometimes a perennial but could be an annual???
    Actually it's a great way of describing some of my perennials!!
    Good one!!!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I think I started too late with my peppers. I'll be up and running next year.

I'm without a greenhouse at the moment (waiting for new one to be delivered - not very patiently!) but having read what you have said about chilli pepper being perennial, I put a couple of them in the house. All the leaves fell off and they look worse than the ones I left outside.

But I'm going to have another go next year and I'm going to have a go at making sweet chilli sauce - yum yum!
      Jools

Comment

They're lovely Alice, makes a very pretty houseplant apart from being edible. I tried to grow chillies this year but fought a losing battle with greenfly & only ended up with a few tiny chillies on each plant (they were the 'Twilight' ones that Gardeners' World grew), might try slightly bigger peppers next year.
        Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

My chillis are now inside but three are infested with aphids of various colours. Have tried the usual standby of soapy water. I'll now have to graduate to something stronger I think.
          Bright Blessings
          Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Now this is silly, I planted chilli and pepper seeds early on in the year and put them in my mini-greenhouse. Lovely plants were produced and I planted out a couple of them in a south-facing position against a wall in my garden.

- the chillis did quite well (though never went red), but the peppers were pathetic. They just looked like little green bud things and never progressed.

I know I should have kept them in the greenhouse, but why did the chillis do OK even though they were in the same conditions as the peppers?
            Reine de la cocina

Comment

Just different varieties I should think, some chilli plants don't do very well outdoors either. Having said that, never had much luck with outdoor peppers so if anybody has then perhaps they could advise us all...

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X