Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to grow in grow bag??

Hello,
    I'm a bit late I think, but wondered if you could advise me which veg I can grow in grow bags please? I've grown lots of veg from seed, but don't have enough space in my raised beds for all of them.
    Many thanks!
    Sam

What seedlings do you have? I've grown loads of things in grow bags. Only had them my first year growing so treated them a bit like raised beds and had rows of them!

Comment

toms, peppers, leeks, carrots, lettuces, cucmber, brocolli, courgette, radish, onions, spring onions, summer corn, cauliflower, dwarf gn beans, peas, herbs...Is is too late to start with post do you know?
      Thanks!!
      Sam

Comment

I've never tried cauliflower but most of those things should be fine except the leeks and carrots which usually need more depth.
        I tend to do peppers in pots either on a sunny windowsill in the house or in the greenhouse. I have successfully grown toms, lettuce, courgette, radish and beans in growbags and it's not too late to put those in. I did try summer corn but they didn't do very well. You could try double bagging those but be careful to plant in blocks as the don't polinate well in rows.
        Peas should be ok as should the onions although I am not experienced at those but suspect it's a bit late for normal onions.
        You could grow the leeks and carrots in tubs to give enough depth, I have heard that this works well.
        Maybe someone elas knows more about the veg I haven't tried.
        Good luck and let us know how you get on

Comment

I hate grow bags - they are too shallow: they need watering 6 times a day
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I have to agree Two Sheds but sometimes it's the only option. I use the contents as compost these days but my first year of growing we had just had the ground cleared and covered with weed suppressant material so grow bags were the only option. I did double bag where things benefitted from extra depth which helped alot with the moisture retention.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X