Bank Loan?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
    So am I Chris. My OH will make me take black bags to put them in though, so's not to dirty his car. I keep trying to explain to him that compost is CLEAN!
    Some strong parcel or duck tape is handy to patch the bags up before you put them into your car. Not that ever remember to take any.

Comment

but flip if i'd known how much i was going to need.....
      i would still have done it!

i reason that it is all mine now, to do with as i wish and it will just become part of my garden for ever, and move with me and everything!!
      Iamhanuman

New Boy & Son Blog My Blog about a new gardener's experiences with his son

AND PLEASE CHECK OUT MY DEAR WIFE'S BLOG
      Independent Minds

Comment

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
        My OH now calls it "the compost run".
        Mine calls it 'spending his weekend lugging bags of sh*t around'

Comment

Originally posted by Sweepster View Post
          Mine calls it 'spending his weekend lugging bags of sh*t around'
          LOL

now surely that would be manure Sweepster?
          Iamhanuman

Independent Minds

Comment

He doesn't really understand the difference

Comment

Ur very welcome. It's something I'm going to start at home when I've got my raised bed done.

Comment

it's all sh*t to him!
                Iamhanuman

Independent Minds

Comment

Our local tip / recycling centre / dump has free compost (rotted down from all the garden waste) - just take your own empty sacks. I think a lot of local authorities do this.

I got a load when I did my raised beds and it has been fine.
                  Excuse me, could we have an eel? You've got eels down your leg.

Comment

Last year I found the same thing ... I was constantly re-potting seedlings and spending a small fortune on growing veg. This year I stocked up on bumper bags of compost from B&Q when they were on special offer and have just taken advantage of a "4 bags for £12" offer at my local garden centre - I am hoping that this will see me through now!
                    Visit my blog... http://vickiplum.blogspot.com

Comment

Neither does mine. Phillistine. Glad he does the lugging though.
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Originally posted by amandaandherveg View Post
                        I got a boot full of MPC and Grow Bags last month for a tenner from Homebase but used the last of them yesterday. My OH was going to B&Q at lunchtime and I asked him if he could ask if they had any burst bags out back. He was offered as many bags of 33l Peat Free as he wanted for £1 each - he filled his boot.

Some of my gardening friends are too shy to ask.
                        Hello all, and thanks for the tip. I went to my local B&Q today for some fittings to connect up my new water butt and came away with 27 large growbags that were split for the wonderful price of 50p each

Should keep me amused for a while

Martyn.

Comment

Originally posted by reggietheveggie View Post
                          Hello all, and thanks for the tip. I went to my local B&Q today for some fittings to connect up my new water butt and came away with 27 large growbags that were split for the wonderful price of 50p each

Martyn.
                          What a result - My OH picked up 20 for me, he has cracked ribs after his Kickboxing Tournament on Sunday so it had to hurt getting them into the boot.

Comment

has anyone ever asked for split bags at wickes?

Comment

I'm liking the split bags idea.

When is the best time to ask, and most willing retailers for this?

Comment

I've had cheap split bags from Homebase, B&Q and some local Garden Centres.

Find whoever is looking after the Garden Centre area and ask them if they have any burst/split bags that they are happy to sell off cheaply. When I went to Homebase and asked the chap there, he took me to the back area and it had a pallet full of burst bags - MPC, Bark, Growbags, Seed Compost, etc. I got the lot for a tenner and split it with my neighbour.
                                Last edited by amandaandherveg; 26-05-2009, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X