Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carving Patterns

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
    I do Jules and then we can compare babies! Luckily three of the four seeds sowed germinated, so now I've only got the problem of producing three pumpkins from these plants that will be big enough to make a decent lantern! From what I've read, if I want big pumpkins, I have to reduce the number of fruits. I'm sure I'll be seeking more advice from friendly grapes on here like Matt.
    Flo
    Let me know if you want any carving patterns. A lot of the ones in my collection are simple enough for children but a little different too. Below are the ones I did a few years ago, a bit more complicated than jack o' lanterns.

Jules
    Attached Files
    Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

ool carving

Originally posted by julesapple View Post
      Let me know if you want any carving patterns. A lot of the ones in my collection are simple enough for children but a little different too. Below are the ones I did a few years ago, a bit more complicated than jack o' lanterns.

Jules
      Nice work. I did an Ozzy Osbourne pumpkin a few years ago, but can't find any piccies.

Comment

Jules they are brilliant! Have got to get the pumpkins big enough now! Hoping it is fine enough tomorrow to dig the patch, etc - there's a storm raging over Sheffield at the moment!
        Flo
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Wow, what fab pumpkins ! I do hope mine grow big enough to be able to carve.

I've had a huge success with my pumpkin seeds so far. Popped in tissue in container in my picnic bag/hot water bottle combo on Tuesday. Had germinated the next day. Left them one more day then on Thursday put them in pots with compost and back into picnic bag.

They are poking their little heads out this morning. Shame I can't get courgettes to germinate for the life of me !

Comment

Hmph!

My pumpkin seeds have been on moist tissue since 11th May, and today there are two with tiny shoots, and four doing nothing.

I forgot about them when dealing with this past week's moggy problem so was hoping for a lovely surprise.....but no. Grudgingly, I will concede that two are better than nothing, and one of the two is a white Lumina pumpkin which is good.

Have turned up the heating and replaced the lid.....patience, patience.

Jules
            Jules

Comment

I've potted my squashes and pumpkins on to bigger pots and put them out in the plastic greenhouse today with all my tomato plants. I'm going to leave them out there as long as the temperature is stable - apparently 6 degrees tonight. Does that sound okay?

Comment

Yay! Success!

My pumpkin seeds have been on moist tissue since 11th May, and today there are two with tiny shoots, and four doing nothing.

I forgot about them when dealing with this past week's moggy problem so was hoping for a lovely surprise.....but no. Grudgingly, I will concede that two are better than nothing, and one of the two is a white Lumina pumpkin which is good.

Have turned up the heating and replaced the lid.....patience, patience.

Jules

All six seeds have germinated! YAY!!! Simple things please simple minds, I know, but I'm so pleased!

Will transfer them to jiffy pots and put under pop-bottle cloches in the window this weekend. Seriously dounbt if we'll get decent sized pumpkins for carving, but fingers crossed.

Jules

PS Amateur...I've no idea about keeping them out overnight...Matt will probably know though.
                Jules

Comment

All six seeds have germinated! YAY!!! Simple things please simple minds, I know, but I'm so pleased!

Will transfer them to jiffy pots and put under pop-bottle cloches in the window this weekend. Seriously dounbt if we'll get decent sized pumpkins for carving, but fingers crossed.

Jules

PS Amateur...I've no idea about keeping them out overnight...Matt will probably know though.
                  Many congratulations Jules, I look forward to comparing notes!
                  Flo

I'm hoping to put mine out this weekend Amateur, but I will be protecting them with fleece and keeping everything crossed. I'm sure Matt will be along to advise you better.
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X