So Excited...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Excited...

Just placed my first potato order, bit hit and miss probably as I don't know what I'm doing but hey ho!

Also ordered some seeds from Real Seeds, feels just like christmas, can't you tell its pay day.
    Bex

It is exciting Bex and I've found the excitement doesn't diminish especially if you are trying something new. You'll probably be just as excited when you've planted them and the first shoots show. I know I am every time.
    Bright Blessings
    Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Hi Bex, wait till they arrive - you'll be like a kid in a sweetshop! I hope you have fun growing them all.
      Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Bex if you're like me you'll be even more exited when they turn up... I mean I've never seen these potatoes/seeds/etc before
        Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

A child in a sweet shop ehh

I just love ordering seeds !!

Comment

Originally posted by Bex View Post
            Just placed my first potato order, bit hit and miss probably as I don't know what I'm doing but hey ho!

Also ordered some seeds from Real Seeds, feels just like christmas, can't you tell its pay day.
            As everyone says Bex - it gets even more exciting! I'm just so fascinated when things start to grow - and grow and grow!

Also, the satisfaction of cooking and eating something you've grown from seed is just overwhelming (I was going to say better than s**! )

I've had such a super time this year - and can't wait until next spring!

Enjoy! DDL
            Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Originally posted by Earthbabe View Post
              It is exciting Bex and I've found the excitement doesn't diminish especially if you are trying something new. You'll probably be just as excited when you've planted them and the first shoots show. I know I am every time.
              It's the only thing that excites me these days I still find it incredible that a little grey speck can turn into a wonderful veggie. I think my Ideal job would be head propagator somewhere so I can just sow seeds & take cuttings - perfick
              Last edited by nick the grief; 27-10-2006, 06:16 PM.
              ntg
              Never be afraid to try something new.
              Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
              A large group of professionals built the Titanic
              ==================================================

Comment

As i am new on the computer as well as veggie growing I am discovering a whole new choice of seeds , etc on the comp that's just not available locally. Just been to local BIG garden center hoping to get some shallots as i wanted to plant today (yes it is raining here!) and the stock was pitiful.

The shop looked gorgeous with all its new Xmas decs in but to the expense of proper gardening stuff.

Don't get me wrong I love Xmas but they had no onions, garlic or shallots and about 6 different packs of veggie seeds all out of season.

So one waisted trip and one rant later will do on comp...

Comment

Originally posted by nick the grief View Post
                  It's the only thing that excites me these days I still find it incredible that a little grey speck can turn into a wonderful veggie. I think my Ideal job would be head propagator somewhere so I can just sow seeds & take cuttings - perfick

I know what you mean, I just been up lottie to plant the new raspberry canes I just bought and my onions, garlic and peas are all shooting. When I got my raspberries I also got some fleece to keep my other crops snug in winter.
                  Bex

Comment

Originally posted by annie trip View Post
                    ..........Just been to local BIG garden center hoping to get some shallots as i wanted to plant today (yes it is raining here!) and the stock was pitiful....
                    Bit early to plant Shallots Annie. I usually plant mine around christmas in 5" pots & keep them in the cold greenhouse till the weather improves enough to plant out. SOme of them don't need planting till March so mind what variety you get.
                    ntg
                    Never be afraid to try something new.
                    Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                    A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                    ==================================================

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X