How many aubergines per plant?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Glaurung View Post
    The pictures in the catalogues always show the plants laden with fruit. I always assumed they must be quite easy. I'm growing a couple of plants for the first time this year.
    Pictures in catalogues for new cars often have semi-naked women draped across them.
    Sent from my pc cos I don't have an i-phone.

Comment

Originally posted by Edwardo82 View Post
      Chris, how often if at all. do you feed your Aubergines and what compost do you grow them in? I was thinking of using this Miracle-Gro Organic Choice Fruit & Vegetable Planter but I will empty the bags into seperate pots.

Look forward to responses.

Thanks
      Last year I used miracle grow multi purpose compost, one plant per 15lt pot.

I used the autopot system Here
      with 5 pots and they were fed by a 47lt header tankthis was kept topped up and I put around a coffee mug full of tomato food to 47lt water.

This means they were being fed all the time of course.

Beware Greeks bearing gifts, or have you already got a wooden horse?... hehe.

Comment

Nice set up Chris!

Well I will bear in mind the feeding regime you had, but it wont be constant. I will also aim for around 15lt pots

Thanks again Chris
        Those that forget the past are condemned to repeat it!

Comment

The feeding regime doesnt actually have to be constant, the only reason mine is, is because I use an automatic watering system where the plant only take what they need as each pot has a float valve.

If using normal pots or growbags/compost bags then just feed the same as you would tomato plants.

By the way, when I emptied the 15lt pot about 3 weeks ago ready for the new season all I can say is that: Usually when I empty a pot at the end of the season I am usually able to crumble the compost up but with these I actually had to jump on the compost to break it up because the roots were that solid, and I mean the whole 15lt pots were solid roots.

Beware Greeks bearing gifts, or have you already got a wooden horse?... hehe.

Comment

I had one garden centre plsnt last year in an unheated greenhouse. It was 'Black Beauty' and I got 6 large ones off it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X