Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Over the weekend I have harvested some chives to accompany shop bought courgettes and dreamt about how lovely my courgettes will taste in a few months time. I also had some runner beans - again shop bought - does dreaming count?

Clare

Comment

I reckon this is going to be my first 'proper' year of GYO. I did some last year and had varying successes butthis year.....oh so excited about it all as have 'retired' from a very very busy job and now have LOTS of time for garden. So this weekend we had our own chives in the potato salad; our first baby carrots (grown in a pot in the greenhouse for a couple of months and put out the other week); a couple of broad beans (from my GH experiment); salad leaves (cos, rocket, sorrel, coriander, beetroot {also from GH experiment}).

Currently looking longingly at the 2inch long cucumber....how long can i wait i wonder?!? And the 2 pea pods (yet another GH experiment) are just begging to be picked in my opinion!!!

Comment

some rocket thinnings, soon to go on my pizza.

Comment

Leeks , eggs and spring cabbage!
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

A small mountain of PSB for me (yum) and a cabbage for my mum.
            Life is too short for drama & petty things!
            So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

Only just picked up on this thread as it's been cold,wet and miserable here so went to a super GC in the north of the county, bought loads.
              However yesterday harvested psb and kale, and dug my last parsnip, all still from last year's planting, but it still tastes so good, even making gravy with the water from your own psb and kale somehow makes it taste so much better. Also harvested over 5kg of rhubarb on Saturday, gave to friends and had super rhubarb crumble yesterday.

Comment

We have been eating salad leaves from the garden for a few weeks now, Abs brill !! also some weeny radishes and some chives and dill that go well with a jacket potato - practically a meal! I
                BumbleB

I have raked the soil and planted the seeds
                Now I've joined the army that fights the weeds.

Comment

Yesterday I harvested lots of rhubarb and today iceberg lettuce, some spring onions and some early strawberries, enough for brekkie!
                  Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

Rhubarb, and onions and one leek.

Onions from sets sown in Autumn...some are starting to bolt as of today but I am pulling the big ones; nipping the seed heads off if I see them and leave the rest to their own devices.

Piccie attached.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                      Rhubarb, and onions and one leek.

Onions from sets sown in Autumn...some are starting to bolt as of today but I am pulling the big ones; nipping the seed heads off if I see them and leave the rest to their own devices.

Piccie attached.
                      Nice trug!
                      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Thanks, it usually has a loaf of homemade bread in it but the onions stink the fridge out so it's the biggest sealed container that we own.

Comment

Coriander. Does that count?

Not even enough to cook with it properly - just used a few leaves as garnish.

But hell, was it satisfying!
                          http://www.weeveggiepatch.blogspot.com

Comment

And here's the spring cabbage.......

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ant_32373.html

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Wee Garden - one Coriander Leaf would count in my opinion(!) and as I said, it's not WHAT you've got, it's what you DO with it that counts. The coriander leaf probably MADE the entire meal, no?!
                              The important thing is, just to grow stuff and use it rather than buy it.

MIND YOU THOUGH.... Don't be put off buying the herbs or vegetable seedlings in your local garden centre. If you've not got the room to raise seeds/seedlings at home, your local garden centre can provide you with a wealth of young vegetable plants to grow on at home or on your allotment. and some of them are good value for money.

Comment

rhubarb, rhubarb & rhubarb so far for me & eggs too if they count
                                The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X