Growing Mange Tout

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
    I caned and twined a couple of years ago. They kept collapsing with the weight! I now use the thick rigid plastic netting with canes threaded in and out and pushed into the round. Much more solid and you can re-use ( I am this year).
    I did this with wire netting very successfully last year with dwarf peas. Because I wanted to try climbing peas this year, I erected 6' wigwams. I have put wire netting around the base. They are growing, but have I made a mistake with the method? Should I drape some netting over the wigwams to aid the climbing? Help!
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

My climbing peas always go up wigwams with string. I'm sure yours will be ok. It's the A frame structures that invariably collape on me. It must depend on how windy your site is!
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by tootles View Post
        How will you harvest them??????
        Its a good point.....!

Hopefully as the plants get bigger they'll reach the narrow part of the tent, and poke through. The holes in pea netting are big enough to get a hand through...

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
          My climbing peas always go up wigwams with string. I'm sure yours will be ok. It's the A frame structures that invariably collape on me. It must depend on how windy your site is!
          Thanks very much, I've been out this evening and wound plenty of string around the wigwams. Fingers crossed!
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X