No announcement yet.

Best toms?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow,how time has passed.I never realized how long ago since i came here and for that sincere apologies.

After trying many varieties over the years my all time favorite tom is the stunning black cherry.What an implosion on the taste buds,so sweet they are almost a strawberry.

Ok,now i am back its time to clean out the greenhouse and get ready for the new year.

Nice to be back guys.
    Last edited by Davdandy; 07-02-2016, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Davdandy View Post
      Wow,how time has passed.I never realized how long ago since i came here and for that sincere apologies.

After trying many varieties over the years my all time favorite tom is the stunning black cherry.What an implosion on the taste buds,so sweet they are almost a strawberry.

Ok,now i am back its time to clean out the greenhouse and get ready for the new year.

Nice to be back guys.
      Are they the same as Black Opal Tomato? Or am i talking complete ****

Comment

T&M says........
        This unique cross combines the unusual dark skin and health benefits of Black Cherry with the high sugar content of our red cherry type Sweet Aperitif. Sweeter than both Black Cherry and Chocolate Cherry

Comment

This one i need to try.

Temptation got the better of me.Got some seeds now on order.
          Last edited by Davdandy; 07-02-2016, 02:48 PM.

Comment

I received black Opal seeds a few days ago, be good to see what folks think

Comment

The reason I asked was because I already have some sown. Just waiting for them to pop up along with the other 11 varieties.

Comment

"This unique cross combines the unusual dark skin and health benefits of Black Cherry with the high sugar content of our red cherry type Sweet Aperitif. Sweeter than both Black Cherry and Chocolate Cherry"

Thats really interesting, what health benefits exactly?
                I have heard that yellow tomatoes are less irritating to athritus than red ones, is this actually true and the benefits they talk of ?
                Last edited by jackarmy; 07-02-2016, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Black tomatoes have more anti-oxidants & a higher anthocyanin content,like blueberries. In this link it talks about the anthocyanin in cherries,it has natural pain relief qualities,so people using ibuprofen etc for pain relief,who are in pain could maybe notice a difference?
                  "It's the anthocyanins which are the red pigments in cherries that reduce inflammation. And arthritis begins with inflammation."
                  Foods that may lessen arthritis pain better than some drugs | Examiner.com

Comment

A nice bit of thread necromancy

I'm growing Black Opal toms this year though it's my first year with them so can't comment on how good they will be.

Comment

Got my seeds yesterday so will be prepping them this weekend.I`ll get some black cherry also so i can see which is best.Let the battle commence.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X