No announcement yet.

The excitement never ends does it!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL at the spammer! I was very excited, yesterday, to see that in between Sunday and last night, 6 cukes have shot up in the mini-greenhouse. I was actually stood there, thinking 'Sh**, I have to plant all this somewhere!'. After last year's failures (greenhouse tore apart, so only outdoor germination and windowsills), this year's successes are quite a (nice) shock!

Comment

Is anyone else as sad as me and measures the rate the tomato plants are growing?

Comment

Got too many to measure, at least 60 in individual pots ready to go in place in the GH but then today I have about 70 to prick out and I sowed 2 more different ones yesterday. Why do I need 15 or 16 kinds of toms????? Somebody tell me WHY?! After all there's only me and t'other 'arf, though I do admit I like giving the plants away to friends. I reckon I'm sadder and madder than you Bramble killer.

Comment

I'm with you there Gryfon, i'm always checking my plants to see if they've grown more since last time i looked at them

My potatoes are popping out of the soil and i can see green tips on my onions, new leaves on my strawberrie plants and my herbs are getting bigger every day!

I get so excited i keep telling the OH all about it- even if he's not intrested lol.
          My Album, Progress so Far: -
          http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ss-so-far.html

Comment

Originally posted by walshie View Post
            Yes it is a great feeling, i wonder how many people move the soil to see whats happening under there?
            Ok you got me! I do that as well from time to time! I did it years ago when I first started growing things. I had a long break years and years not growing anything. I started again this year have had a shuffle around in the soil a few times LOL It's all good tho!
            Live like you never lived before!

Laugh Like you never laughed before!

Love like you never loved before!

One Love & Unity

http://iriejans.blogspot.com/

Comment

This morning, "Well, Hullo-oo, Baby Sweetcorn seedlings!! Who's three of the cleverest sweetcorn seedlings ever to sprout then? Yay, Babies -go on, you can do it, Mummy's got a loverly raised bed all ready for you as soon as you're ready! That's right, she's so proud of y....."
              Suddenly become aware of the Postman standing at the open door waiting for me to sign for a letter.......
              When the Devil gives you Cowpats - make Satanic Compost!

Comment

Lol!

My onions have come up today, well I can see two shoots coming through The marigolds are taking off at a rate of knots and I thought those would need higher temperatures! And after seeing two radish seedlings yesterday, today they've all appeared!

Can't wait for tomorrow!
                Rachel

Trying to tame the mad thing called a garden and getting there I think!

My Garden Mayhem...inspirational blog for me I hope! - updated 16/04/09

Comment

Originally posted by Creemteez View Post
                  This morning, "Well, Hullo-oo, Baby Sweetcorn seedlings!! Who's three of the cleverest sweetcorn seedlings ever to sprout then? Yay, Babies -go on, you can do it, Mummy's got a loverly raised bed all ready for you as soon as you're ready! That's right, she's so proud of y....."
                  Suddenly become aware of the Postman standing at the open door waiting for me to sign for a letter.......
                  Haha lol brilliant- must of thought you was mad

Well i'm pretty pleased myself, my tatas are all starting to shoot and most of my onions now have green tips- was out last night checking them instead of cleaning up

My herbs pots doing really well too, the corianders growing like crazy!
                  Going to post some more pics next week off all the stuff that's growing well- good way to kep a record of how they grew.
                  My Album, Progress so Far: -
                  http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ss-so-far.html

Comment

This afternoon - at the lottie - to my potatoes...
                    "Oh crikey, Guys, you know I love you and I'm REALLY pleased that you've put on such a spurt of growth, but CALM DOWN!! Mummy is running out of stuff to earth you up with and you wouldn't want to get frosted, now would y...."
                    Look up to see SAME Postman staring over the bank at me with his mouth open....
                    When the Devil gives you Cowpats - make Satanic Compost!

Comment

"Oh crikey, Guys, you know I love you and I'm REALLY pleased that you've put on such a spurt of growth, but CALM DOWN!! Mummy is running out of stuff to earth you up with and you wouldn't want to get frosted, now would y...."
                      LOL that is hilarious

Earthed up my tatties in their bags on Thursday only to be presented with astounding growth yesterday afternoon (one day later)
                      how the blinking heck do they do it?
                      I stood there stunned in front of them and just plain asked them
                      they didn't answer, i'm sorry to say
                      Last edited by Iamhanuman; 25-04-2009, 07:05 AM.
                      Iamhanuman

New Boy & Son Blog My Blog about a new gardener's experiences with his son

AND PLEASE CHECK OUT MY DEAR WIFE'S BLOG
                      Independent Minds

Comment

Priceless! My kids catch me doing this stuff all the time. They are both convinced I am barking!
                        WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

I have to agree with you all.

3 days ago I started planting out my toms in the greenhouse. Those that went in first are now twice the size they were in pots.

It's a minor miracle isn't it?

Ann

Comment

Like everyone else the rate at which stuff can grow is pretty amazing. I looked at some lettuce this morning and They have doubled in size in the last couple of days. Unfortunately there is also a bit of a sor note in that I have a lot of mares tail and anyone who has it will tell you it can grow twice as quick as any plant we eat. Will have to spend most of tomorrow digging it out with a narrow trowel.

Ian

Comment

Where does the word 'weedy' come from? Seems to me weeds are tougher and faster than anything else that grows! Yup, I have mares tail too!

Comment

Been gardening for myself and others the best part of 40 years and no, the excitement never ends for me.

Trays full of beans that I've raised from seeds or peas or sweet peas, trays of pumpkins and butternuts past their first leaf stage, at my chum's today looking at the potager I'm installing for them, rows of spuds poking through, all at different stages, Franch beans reaching their supports, dwarf beans planted in front starting to come on.

Not a chemical, air mile or OGM effect anywhere and all my own work.

And the excitement never ever ends for me I'm pleased to say which is one of the main reasons that J and I decided to live here. Bliss.
                                TonyF, Dordogne 24220

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X