Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't get caught out...frost is forecast!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1am 11 degrees C in this neck of the woods so we should be ok
    but you are a gem for warning us all!!
    Iamhanuman

New Boy & Son Blog My Blog about a new gardener's experiences with his son

AND PLEASE CHECK OUT MY DEAR WIFE'S BLOG
    Independent Minds

Comment

Originally posted by blue411 View Post
      Thanks for the heads up!!
      Hey there - saw I helped save some of your veggies that night.

I may not know loads about veggie growing but glad I helped

Let's hope there are no more frosts although apparently it is going to be darn chilly here in Reading tonight. Brr...again!
      RtB x

Comment

Meant to be frosty here in the morning!
        WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Just not right is it!?!? Boiling hot during day and frosty at night. Raining like billy'o and frosty at night. S'pose that's the joys of spring
          RtB x

Comment

I drove home about 10.30pm last night and my car was saying it was already 5 degrees. I brought my 3 biggest tomato plants into the conservatory again just in case - my housemate thinks I'm crazy!

Comment

Frosty this morning at 04:00! Hope the tops of the potatoes are alright.

Your housemate won't think you're crazy when they're eating your lovely fresh tomatoes Noodles!
              To see a world in a grain of sand
              And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

i never believe anything the weather forecasters say - BBC forecast heavy rain for the weekend but was bright and sunny and hot!
                http://MeAndMyVeggies.blogspot.com

Comment

It was lovely at the weekend- my fruit and veg seemed to have loved it too

Really need to earth up my tatas though- need to get compost tonight.
                  My Album, Progress so Far: -
                  http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ss-so-far.html

Comment

So I read this last night and didn't think anything more of it until I was going to bed about 1.00- saw the temperature 2.8deg! Covered the potatoes with newspaper -hope that's done the trick and hope the neighbours didn't spot me.
                    Clare

Comment

Frost is forecast for some parts of the south east tonight.

Comment

I got caught out on Saturday night, my potatoes got done over by a frost. Remembered about the greenhouse stuff and forgot the potatoes
                        Earthed them up for tonight, as the Met office says it will be colder here than on Sat.
                        "Orinoco was a fat lazy Womble"

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

thermometer in gh read as -4 for last night! Everything wrapped up snug
                          WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

bum. didn't get down to lottie yesterday. not looking forward to withered plants and i won't get there till thursday. why doesn life get in the way of gardening?!

Comment

Big frost here last night, haven't been able to get to my weather station that gives me the temp in the greenhouse as we have guests in the room, but when I let the chucks out earlier this morning, the metal pole next to their run was covered with ice, the cars also, the grass didn't seem so bad though.
                              I covered up the potatoes in the ground, forgot about the ones in containers though
                              I'm sure I'm programmed to always forget one thing.

Edit, -3.3C in the greenhouse
                              Last edited by womble; 29-04-2009, 09:00 AM.
                              "Orinoco was a fat lazy Womble"

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

Hope my pole beans are o.k. They're under an improvised cloche, but the ends weren't fully down. However, still time to sow more if the worst happens. Put compost around my spuds yesterday, so hopefully that will have helped them.
                                Tour of my back garden mini-orchard.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X