Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PM received and replied to.

Comment

Wow! I didn't expect anyone to have that many varieties! I thought I was going over the top with 9 varities of peas, that seems almost normal in comparison!
      http://jenegademaster.blogspot.com/

Comment

lol Jenegade. That's where it begins!
        Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

At the moment mine is still "seeds!" "seeds!" "seeds!"

I might innocently be wandering round the garden centre, thinking of nothing more exciting than the fact that I need a bag of compost or something when - oh, look there's celeriac, I haven't got any celeriac seeds. They're in the trolley before I can stop myself because - oh yes - there is a reason why i don't have celeriac seeds. I don't like celeriac!

Actually, if anything I would say my obsession is with veg that is the "wrong colour".

This year I have three different varieties of yellow courgette... I also have several non-orange carrots, a packet of green cauli seeds, all kinds of beans across the rainbow and, of course, bright lights chard. Red brussels sprouts, too.

Now, if someone could only breed a purple celeriac, that would be just the thing.
          Warning: I have a dangerous tendency to act like I know what I'm talking about.

Comment

lol Dementer... you want some white srpouting broccoli then? PM me if you do

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Comment

Originally posted by Demeter View Post

Now, if someone could only breed a purple celeriac, that would be just the thing.
              Hmm....sounds like a challenge to me....

Comment

in a couple of years the GYO headlines "new! celeriac - zazen" Wonderful purple variety - fantastic flavour and a treasure to behold!

Comment

LOL.....I have deseeded Carrot seeds - and it would be a cross with a purple carrot - and it made me ill [the seeds are really dry and get right up your nose]...so perhaps New Red Thorn Celeriac....???? Got a ring to it....

Although there is red celery in my garden as of today so perhaps I will try and get a red variety on the go.....

Comment

Originally posted by RedThorn View Post
                    lol Dementer... you want some white srpouting broccoli then? PM me if you do
                    I actually have some already (forgot to mention it ) - thanks for the kind offer though! I also have purple sprouting, not sure if that counts as the "wrong" colour? Probably - my lo thinks so!

Comment

Does anyone have a pet hate veggie, one they've grown once and decided it's a waste of space? I grew asparagus peas one year having been told how wonderful they were, yes they were very pretty and easy to grow but about as tasty as raffia or dried grass!
                      I've also just bought 'Hamburg Parsley' seeds looks like a cross between a white carrot and a slim parsnip, according to the packet you can eat both the tops and roots, anyone out there done it?

Comment

Originally posted by Lottieval View Post
                        Does anyone have a pet hate veggie, one they've grown once and decided it's a waste of space?
                        Kohl rabi (yuck)

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                          LOL.....I have deseeded Carrot seeds - and it would be a cross with a purple carrot - and it made me ill [the seeds are really dry and get right up your nose]...so perhaps New Red Thorn Celeriac....???? Got a ring to it....

Although there is red celery in my garden as of today so perhaps I will try and get a red variety on the go.....
                          Perhaps work on a red and a purple variety?

Comment

Damn, I feel so inferior.
                            6 types of tomato, 3 types of garlic, 5 types of bean, 3 types of squash.
                            I need a bigger seed catalogue.

Comment

Originally posted by Lottieval View Post
                              Does anyone have a pet hate veggie, one they've grown once and decided it's a waste of space? I grew asparagus peas one year having been told how wonderful they were, yes they were very pretty and easy to grow but about as tasty as raffia or dried grass!
                              I've also just bought 'Hamburg Parsley' seeds looks like a cross between a white carrot and a slim parsnip, according to the packet you can eat both the tops and roots, anyone out there done it?
                              Asparagus peas, tomatillo [although I loved it - it was not worth the space], cape gooseberry [yuk], all radishes and turnips, and my pet grumble of 2008 - quinoa. Looked like eyes when they were harvested and just couldn't bring myself to try it. EUGH. My OH was desperate to cut them down and get rid. I'm guessing they will have seeded themselves and grow like billy-o this year. I've got cardboard down on their patch this year as it was also the horseradish patch and we are trying to get rid of that.....so fingers crossed it will do both at the same time.

Comment

Pet hates/never bother again;
                                Kohl Rabi - nowhere near as nice as swede so I'll give the space to swedes,
                                Patty Pan squash - far too much faff to get at a small amount of flesh,
                                Aubergines - ugh! slimy... and they wouldn't grow for me anyway,
                                Melons - never managed to get a fruit off one, tried for 3 years!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X