Victory dance

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victory dance

This weather continues to give extraordinary results. I grow late and everything outdoors.
    Bell peppers are going red. In October!
    There are absolutley massive red strawberries still fruiting in my baskets.
    Aubergines like barrage balloons. Another lemon is ripening. Still eating lots of scrumptious salad and tomatoes happily going red. French beans still flowering and giving a steady supply. Normally this would all be long over. There is so little light now in my shady garden but the warmth seems to be doing the trick.
    This has been such a hard year with the heat wave but really glorious this Autumn I think.

Glad to hear you're rolling in produce PT!

Comment

It certainly makes up for all the horrible wet weather we've had - and I'm certainly enjoying the late sunshine and appreciating every last minute I can - as I'm sure is everyone else! DDL
      Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

have to agree with you about the weather PT, but think i need to work on getting my production up to your standard

Comment

Same here, i don't like saying all is still growing when some people have aalready finished with some of their crops but my toms (the outdoor ones) are still giving me a good crop of red toms. Toms in greenhouse still growing away and chilli and cucumbers in greenhouse still ripening and an end not in sight yet. What a great Autumn this is turning out to be.
          As regards the flower garden, my dahlias are a mass of blossom> slow to start this year but certainly making up for it now and a mass of pink neirine mixed in between. Its a great sight in October.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X