No announcement yet.

this is how tough lettuce are

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last year all my lettuces got eaten by rabbits (and a lot of my other crops), but miraculously one of the lettuces has popped up again this year. It is now growing nicely, which means that the rabbits have now been irradicated - hoorah!! Just need to get rid of the pigeons......

Comment

I threw a couple of going-to-seed lettuce into my compost bin the before last year and when I spread the compost round in Spring I got a nice selection of green and red lettuce seedlings. I just dibbed them in where I wanted them!
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
        I threw a couple of going-to-seed lettuce into my compost bin the before last year and when I spread the compost round in Spring I got a nice selection of green and red lettuce seedlings. I just dibbed them in where I wanted them!
        That happened to me last year but with tomatoes - they were everywhere! My grandchildren sowed a row of lettuce a couple of weeks ago and they were peeping through quite nicely. Today when I went to check, the man who cuts the grass had put a plank over the top of the row so they have been flattened. I've moved the plank and I hope that the lettuce are as hardy as they are said to be on this thread and they can recover! The children will sow some more tomorrow just in case!
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X