Garden Ideas

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RowanStar View Post
    I was thinking about getting couple of archways, and getting some climbing flowers to grow on/over them, luckily i get alot of different plants from my mum, so that makes it abit cheaper. i'm not going to do a pond, in the wildlife area. Yes the trees are on the right, here's a idea of how i want the garden to look like haha
    I actually think that is pretty spot on. I was thinking along the same lines.
    There you go, that's the easy bit done, now you've just got to do it

I would repair and do anything you can afford to, to the fence before you did anything else. Cos it's going to be easier doing that, while you are not trying to tread on your perfectly manured courgette beds.
    "Orinoco was a fat lazy Womble"

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

What are you planning to have in the wildlife part? Why no pond?

My advice would be to focus on one bit at a time - do the essentials first (like the fence), then the veg bed or whatever. Don't try and stretch your budget to do everything at once if it's not feasible. As you go along, you'll find your plans and priorities change anyway. Get some packets of annual flowers (california poppies, love-in-a-mist, cosmos, marigolds...) for 'instant' colour while you do your long-term stuff.

Good luck!

Comment

To be truthful i wouldn't be able to keep up with all the cleaning with the pond, lol (lazy as it may sound lol) and as for the fence, it is my responsibility to repair it's my neighbours and we don't have the money to repair it anyway really, otherwise i probably would've by now, for the wildlife part i was thinking making some leafy nest, some old rotting wood som bird tables, bits like that really, with aded wild flowers if pos, but that section will have to wait abit as i've just recently sown some grass seeds there, so i will be starting on the extended border and the veg patch really.
        Blessed Be

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X